B. Albo refusing food

garanixx

Arachnopeon
First off, I am new to the boards, so greetings to everybody!

I have only recently gotten a tarantula to care for(a B. Albo sling) and for now it is less than an inch in leg span.

Up until recently it was eating on a regular basis. That being every day or every other day. But within the last 2 weeks it has been refusing food altogether. I have kept offering it meal worms every other day ever since it stopped eating.

Now I understand that these spiders can fast for a good while when they feel an upcoming moult, but the same guidelines also say that slings will generally only stop eating for a few days prior to a moult, rather than several weeks which is typical for adults.

I am getting a little worried about this, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
just make sure it has a source to hydrate itself. B. albo are slowish growers so it doesn't surprise me. It will most likely molt soon.

Oh, yeah... Welcome to the boards.:)

garanixx

Arachnopeon
just make sure it has a source to hydrate itself. B. albo are slowish growers so it doesn't surprise me. It will most likely molt soon.

Oh, yeah... Welcome to the boards.:)
Thank you! It's good to be here!

Oh yes, I moist its substrate regularly(it is soft soil, not wood chips or anything like that), so I would say moisture and humidity are not a problem. I sure hope that everything turns out okay, thank you for the feedback!