B. albo pic from The Tarantula Store

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is it normal for the colors of the carapace to vary from specimens from sac-mates?

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Is it normal for the colors of the carapace to vary from specimens from sac-mates?
I can't give you a solid answer on that one. I would guess they do with the size of egg sacks females can produce, coupled with the color variance already present in this species.

I do know though that there is significant variance in carapace color of sackmates in B.vagans.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I find pen-ult males to have that light shinny carapace, as were the females have a more goldy brown shine to their lid....

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The B. albopilosum from Costa Rica look quite a bit different than those from Guatemala, this is why you look at the non-plastic characters, like reproductive structures instead of color to identify species. Besides, looking at the peat moss, the vibrancy and saturation is probably cranked way up in that photo.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks similar to what ive experienced soon after a moult.
Considering the owner of the photograph I'd suggest not much has been done to enhance the image.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you want to see a hybrid just go to the Tarantula Canada site and look at the B. albo female in the gallery.

Zman181

Arachnoknight
If you want to see a hybrid just go to the Tarantula Canada site and look at the B. albo female in the gallery.
Chris_Skeleton you are right. I went to their site and viewed the picture. The specimen resembles what appears to be a b vagans with curly hairs.