Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

b. albiceps growthrate

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Wormtail39, May 16, 2019.

1. FrDoc

FrDoc Gen. 1:24-25 Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    My A. chalcodes (a notoriously slow grower) sling has grown significantly faster than my B. albiceps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnomancer Arachnosupporter

Me too. It's unavoidable if you want certain species, but man do I hate dealing with the vials. I have 9 of them right now, and it's the pits. I'm much happier when they get to the 3/4-1 inch mark and I can house them in something easier to deal with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Back then my room was consistently 80-82.
    Thats my experience as well...my chalcodes slings are growing significantly faster than any albiceps ive raised.

4. Well the little guy molted again today while I was at work. I can't really tell how much size it gained because it looks like it just flipped back over and is all scrunched up. So that's 5 molts in a year...evidently nobody told it that it was supposed to be a slow grower, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sorry, maybe a bit late on the topic here, but I was looking for this info and found this thread, and I just noticed it is fairly recent, so might as well chime in.

My b.Albicept was bought as 0.25" in may 2018, and it is now a 0.5". We do have really cold winter in Canada, but I put the heat up since they are in the basement, and temperature is 23C (a little on the cool side I agree, but that was the best I could do for the moment). So yes, this is by far my slowest growing T. Painfully slow growing. In fact, I just ordered a new one that already has coloration because unfortunately, this is my favorite T and I just want an adult one so bad. I hope I can find an adult at one point! Wouldn't mind at all having 3 adults b.Albicept in a couple years!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.