AWOL I3 m. martensii

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ok... so i was feeding all my arachnids today, and when i get to my third m. martensii (instar 3), it simply isn't in its container!
since there are no visible burrow openings, i decide to pour out all the substrate into a larger container and sift through it.. but still, no sign!

thus, even though i have no idea how it got out, (squeezing out of the airholes which look too small to be squeezed through is my leading theory at the moment), through process of elimination, i have decided that since it is not in its container, it must be outside of its container! i.e. in my room.

the question we come to: is it at all possible to locate such a small (~0.75") scorpion in a large room with cluttered closets, lots of furniture and a large rug?
i mean, i've kind of checked in the warmer regions of the room, but its so frickin' small, i might have missed it!

thanks! :D
- munis

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried a UV light in total darkness? When my emperor escaped on me (it was out for a week) it stuck close to the wall and traveled counterclockwise around the room. ending up in an adjacent room under the window (the coldest part of the room, winter time last year) I thought its tank mate ate it, and not until my wife moved the sofa to clean under it did she find it. :eek:

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yeah, unfortunately, i do not have a portable blacklight at my disposal...

maybe the cooler areas were higher humidity, which was more of a priority for the emp than high temperatures?

another worriesome matter is that, if the scorpling escaped, the lateralis nymphs that i'm feeding them may be escaping too! :wall:

- munis