Awesome prey takedowns by your T's?

SysAdmin

Arachnopeon
My LP quickly attacks it's food the second it senses the vibrations

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I need to take video of my IM P. cancerides taking down prey. It's about 2.5" dls, and it happily takes down an adult male dubia. Quite the fight, as the dubia is actually a bit larger than the spider.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
My lp does about the best takedowns. I need to make a video. my ghost ornamental runs fast and crazy to snatch up crickets.

truecreature

Arachnoknight
My A. chalcodes once tackled a cricket so enthusiastically that she actually flipped over completely upside-down and stayed that way for a few solid seconds.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm sure this would have been had it not gone spectacularly wrong.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I don't know about awesome takedowns but this is one of my favorite feeding videos I've made.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yes, they door. To my knowledge they are the only species in the hobby to do so. I have two of them right now.

Here is a recent photo of one with a big rump. :D
Bloody hell fire she's draggen some wagon.

That's phenomenal. I never realised there was a T that behaved like this.

Already checked out the online shops and classifieds but there's no signs. I shall definitely be keep my eyes peeled. This is a T I will own.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Yes, they door. To my knowledge they are the only species in the hobby to do so. I have two of them right now.

Here is a recent photo of one with a big rump. :D
Apparently T. seladonia might also build trapdoors. I can't find the video right now, but someone posted footage of them mating and the female popped out of a trapdoor after the male started drumming near it.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Bloody hell fire she's draggen some wagon.

That's phenomenal. I never realised there was a T that behaved like this.

Already checked out the online shops and classifieds but there's no signs. I shall definitely be keep my eyes peeled. This is a T I will own.
I know, it's hard to tell when they are under the door most of the time. My Ts are all chunky though. I blame the roaches.

I've seen them regularly on the boards here.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I know, it's hard to tell when they are under the door most of the time. My Ts are all chunky though. I blame the roaches.

I've seen them regularly on the boards here.
I'm in the UK. I will find one. I'm positive I've overlooked them many times. If only I'd have known.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Apparently T. seladonia might also build trapdoors. I can't find the video right now, but someone posted footage of them mating and the female popped out of a trapdoor after the male started drumming near it.
I remember seeing that. I was thinking they were arboreals though.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I remember seeing that. I was thinking they were arboreals though.
There's so little info about them so far, I just have no idea. I was thinking the same. But there's nothing stopping an arboreal from constructing a trapdoor, I'd think. I find them incredibly fascinating, can't wait til we have more concrete info on their behavior and husbandry.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My P. muticus had a pretty awesome takedown. His last meal before premolt. I'll post the video after I get off work. It was awesome.