avicularia??

darkavenger

Arachnopeon
hello everyone.

I recently purchased a pinktoe from a local pet shop for 25 dollars. ive been trying to figure out the exact species. the abdomen is colorful. I believe it to be A. urticans possibly A. huriana but i am not positive:? the specimen is 2 1/2 - 2 3/4" in leg span. its legs and carapace are about the same color as A. avic. maybe a shade or two lighter, but the abdomen is colorful. the the hairs on its legs and body are all gold save some red in the redish orange area of its abdomen. its "pink toes" are a light faded orange yellow color. there is a dark stripe beginning at the back of the carapace and leading along top of the abdomen, narrowing to a point at the spinneretts. there are three pair of lateral points or sharp tooth shapes, pointing inward(upward from the bottom of the abdomen) toward the stripe in the middle. the area in between is a warm reddish orange but nothing irridecent. the spinnerettes are dark. ventrally it is dark too. temerment wise it seems rather docile. any help would be appreciated. i know it would be much more helpful if i had a photo :wall: but bare with me. thanks in advance.

tass

Arachnopeon
hello everyone.

I recently purchased a pinktoe from a local pet shop for 25 dollars. ive been trying to figure out the exact species. the abdomen is colorful. I believe it to be A. urticans possibly A. huriana but i am not positive:? the specimen is 2 1/2 - 2 3/4" in leg span. its legs and carapace are about the same color as A. avic. maybe a shade or two lighter, but the abdomen is colorful. the the hairs on its legs and body are all gold save some red in the redish orange area of its abdomen. its "pink toes" are a light faded orange yellow color. there is a dark stripe beginning at the back of the carapace and leading along top of the abdomen, narrowing to a point at the spinneretts. there are three pair of lateral points or sharp tooth shapes, pointing inward(upward from the bottom of the abdomen) toward the stripe in the middle. the area in between is a warm reddish orange but nothing irridecent. the spinnerettes are dark. ventrally it is dark too. temerment wise it seems rather docile. any help would be appreciated. i know it would be much more helpful if i had a photo :wall: but bare with me. thanks in advance.
picture if possible! that'd probably help everybody