Avicularia versicolor

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Avicularia versicolor is a pink toe, yes. Antilles Pinktoe is the accepted common name.

All Avicularia species are known as 'pink toes', even if they dont all have physical pink toes.

Last edited:

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
An Avicularia avicularia is a "pink toe"

An Avicularia versicolor is an "antilles pink toe"

They are different in coloration. Your A. Avic will become black with pink toes, what you may want is the versicolor or metallica.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
If I understand what you are asking, and I think I do, then the answer is sort of. Versicolors are in the smae genus as the common pink toes, and they have the same general care requirements.

--Dan

Dorittos

Arachnopeon
wow super fast reply hahaha thank you so much guys this will make my hunting for one so much easier hahaha i really appreciate every ones input i been ringing up store after store trying to find one but so far no luck =(

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wow super fast reply hahaha thank you so much guys this will make my hunting for one so much easier hahaha i really appreciate every ones input i been ringing up store after store trying to find one but so far no luck =(
Probably be much easier to buy one on-line through a reputable seller - have you checked the "For Sale" section of this site?

LOL Salamander beat me to it!

Dorittos

Arachnopeon
i was planing to online but i think the shipping it self is a bit expensive =( i may end up buiying from ken but i am poking around before i do because the one he sell are <edit> $30 for the shipping >< if i can find one near me for me to pick it up it would be so much better but every where i call there sold out x.x

Last edited by a moderator:

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Get a friend to throw in on the shipping and get a tarantula for themself. I pay on average 50 bucks for shipping. I live on an island :(

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Get a friend to throw in on the shipping and get a tarantula for themself. I pay on average 50 bucks for shipping. I live on an island :(
Oh, I just noticed where you live - been there many times!!! Beautiful area, Newfoundland and Labrador. I bet it is a wee bit chilly there right now!

But to the OP, I have bought several from Ken and they were always well worth the money, but yes shipping is costly but then you know it arrives safely.

Dorittos

Arachnopeon
thank you every one! i was about to buy from ken but i decided to call a shop that was some 25 minutes away and they had the last one in stock x.x
i was so happy because i got my Pink Toe spider ling for $12 regular sale is $30 but because of black Friday it was for $12 ill try and post some pics up as soon as i can =)
but thank you all for your help i really do appreciate it allot especially since i am new to the hobby and every one has been helpful and not bashful to me very much appreciated!

oh but getting this "T"
was hell i called about 50 shops all sold out, some did not sell "T's" i found a petco that did and was totally pump to go get it! they said they had only one in stock, once i got there 20 minutes later they told me some one 5 minutes before i came into the store had purchased it =( but the guy i talk to at petco realized i was the same guy on the phone with him and told me "oh i am sorry man i dint know you where actually coming but i can order one for you and give you a rain check", well turns out he could not do any of what he said so he called another petco some more 25 minutes away from there and they also had only 1 in stock and they promise to hold it for me, well after much driving and trying to find it(brought along 2 friend with me) we got lost thanks to one of my friends and ended up at a different petco witch scared me thinking they sold the "t" after figuring out we where at the wrong one i some how managed to get us to the correct with some 20 minutes to spare! once there it was a blast and pretty comical because all the employees had never handle any "t's" so the girls where kinda freaking and the guys laughing and i was happy because i found what i wanted =)
shes not to big and not to small and she has pretty colors (i say she in hopes of that making it a her) it was a pretty crazy adventure and loops i went to just to get this "T" i have favored among "T's" ever since i first saw one i been looking a wikki, google pictures, youtube vids and lurking any avicularia topics hahaha well hope you enjoyed the long story!

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations on your new spiderling, it's one of my favorite species!

I am guessing you're aware how much they change colors as they grow, and are so very beautiful!

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, I was just going to say that too! They are absolutely beautiful at all ages, but when it grows up it will look very different from the young one in the vidoe.