Avicularia Versicolor Slings .75"

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Ugh...

Are these your first spiders? How can you say with certainty, against seasoned keepers, that no avic could escape?

Humidity is a problem because you have too much ventilation in a kritter keeper and will not be able to hold humidity because of it.
Yes, they are my first spiders. And the ventilation is VERY thin.
I'll get a vial.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For my slings, I use the acrylic display cubes from the craft store. The smallest tall one, flipped upside down and with holes drilled in the sides, has worked well for my avics. Plus, they're about 80 cents a pop.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you can get vials at the dollar store or a pharmacy. It's not limited to that website - that website is good for bulk, but if you're just getting one vial, just purchase it locally.
This way you can get it before you have your sling :)

As hedex mentioned humidity is hard to keep in them...and I've had critter keepers before, and a spider willing to escape, especially that small, will squeeze itself through them - or the lid, as they usually aren't very secure all the way around.

a screw tight lid will work nicely, such as with the vile - as long as you don't make very wide holes..
xD

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I could make paperclip holes, but many. Anyways, I have this little bowl-type thing. It's 300 millimeters. Would that work?
Also, which one of these places can I find a 50 dram-
Target
The 99 Cent Store
Walgreens
The Container Store

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just got check any of those stores in the food storage container areas to see what they have that looks small. Currently my few slings are housed in some glad/ziploc/etc containers with screw top lids.

So what did you end up ordering? If you got multiples, that'll help in case you make a booboo :)

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Just got check any of those stores in the food storage container areas to see what they have that looks small. Currently my few slings are housed in some glad/ziploc/etc containers with screw top lids.

So what did you end up ordering? If you got multiples, that'll help in case you make a booboo :)
I'm thinking, maybe I can just get a little container.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Sorry for the double-post. Just annuncing that I bought a bulk of the vials and 32 oz. cups.

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Since you mentioned it the container store is a great place to pick up containers from slings to adults almost 80% of my collection is housed in something from the container store.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Since you mentioned it the container store is a great place to pick up containers from slings to adults almost 80% of my collection is housed in something from the container store.
All the The Container Store stores nearby me don't have anything like that. I called them up.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know that you've already bought the vials, but for the future, you can use household items to house slings if you want. I like to use the smallest size peanut butter jars for the arboreal babies. Often, I do my grocery shopping around the premise of, "Can this be used as an enclosure once we've eaten the food??" Peanut butter jars (all sizes for all different spiders) and parmasan cheese containers are my favorites. Then go out and get yourself a craft-sized solder iron. If you're careful and don't apply too much pressure, you can burn tiny holes into the plastic very quickly. These containers are also tall enough to allow for a stick or two to be placed in there for webbing purposes.

I've even recruited my friends and workmates to help! Some of them bring me their empty, washed food containers. Now I have a whole stash just hanging around here waiting for the perfect spider to go in them!

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I know that you've already bought the vials, but for the future, you can use household items to house slings if you want. I like to use the smallest size peanut butter jars for the arboreal babies. Often, I do my grocery shopping around the premise of, "Can this be used as an enclosure once we've eaten the food??" Peanut butter jars (all sizes for all different spiders) and parmasan cheese containers are my favorites. Then go out and get yourself a craft-sized solder iron. If you're careful and don't apply too much pressure, you can burn tiny holes into the plastic very quickly. These containers are also tall enough to allow for a stick or two to be placed in there for webbing purposes.

I've even recruited my friends and workmates to help! Some of them bring me their empty, washed food containers. Now I have a whole stash just hanging around here waiting for the perfect spider to go in them!
That's a great idea! I will definitely consider that as a future reference (like my family is ever going to allow me to get another T)