Avicularia Versicolor Question

Tofuman

Arachnopeon
Are Avicularia versicolor normally pretty active? I got a 1/2 inch female a couple of weeks ago and she's always moving around.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wonder what kind of super microscope that petstore had:p

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are Avicularia versicolor normally pretty active? I got a 1/2 inch female a couple of weeks ago and she's always moving around.
The spider is unsexed, it is impossible to sex it at that size except if you have really expensive hi tech microscope wich I doubt they have. Versis are known to be active until they make their web. My big girl is always out and waiting to get some food, she even moved after half an year to the other side of the enclosure, abandoning the old web home.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
The store I bought her from.
Yeah, the best of the pet stores that I occasionally go to "GUARANTEES" that all of their T's are female . . . . . the only one I ever bought from them turned out to be a penultimate male, and I've seen 3 MMs for sale in there since (along with several that may actually be female).

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with everyone else that it is definately unsexed, I have a 1" Versicolor and (2) 3.5-4" female Versicolors, they mainly sit half out of their webs and occasionally I'll see them roaming around.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The store I bought her from.
{D{D{D{D

I'm hoping you didn't pay out the nose for it, since it's definitely not sexed at that size. Pet stores don't tend to carry the high-powered scientific microscopes that would be necessary to sex a T of that size.