Avicularia Versicolor Martinique Pinktoe

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Dont want to go through every post and contact each person individually. If I post the name and someone with an interest sees it I save time. If others arent interested they can ignore it.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sansoucie said:
Dont want to go through every post and contact each person individually. If I post the name and someone with an interest sees it I save time. If others arent interested they can ignore it.
Well, now you have asked if anyone has them, does the thread lead anywhere? Was there something specific you needed to know, or are you just general info-gathering? Because using the search function is a better way of doing that.

Hope this helps :)

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm done posting new threads on here. This is ridiculous. You can't even have a discussion here....

REMOVE THIS THREAD

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sansoucie said:
I'm done posting new threads on here. This is ridiculous. You can't even have a discussion here....

REMOVE THIS THREAD
Erm, I only wanted to know if you had a specific query I could help with :?

Go rage against the machine if you want, but it won't get you anywhere, trust me ;)

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's just the people on this board. I have other places I go that are great. Unfortunately they dont deal with arachnids. God forbid being a newbie on this board.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sansoucie said:
It's just the people on this board. I have other places I go that are great. Unfortunately they dont deal with arachnids. God forbid being a newbie on this board.
No, not god forbid being a newbie. Just god forbid being someone who can't follow simple netiquette, asks dubious questions and makes dubious statements. And then has a tantrum every other thread ;)

So, with that out of the way we shall try again eh?

Was there a specific versicolor question you had?

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Why don't you try asking a sensable question about the species, instead of just asking if anyone has one? Really, what type of discussion are you wanting us to reply to :confused:
But I'm feeling catty momentarily and will play your game

Yes...

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is pic of my Versicolor.

It's about 2" now. They are very nice T's. Mine is super cool and is very calm little bugger once out of it's web. BTW, they web and web and web... ALOT!
See...,

It's like cotton candy! {D

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have two 1/2" slings. I love 'em. I just hope I don't screw up and kill them. Anyway, what is this thread about??? What's the question? If you're asking if anyone has them then yes. Many people have them. You should be more specific. And don't worry about being a newbie. In my first few posts Code Monkey ripped me a new one. But it's alright. You'll learn a lot from everyone here. Ask away and welcome to the boards.

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
What kind of enclosure is that? My question is how does it behave? I got an email a little while ago about a friend picking up hers tomorrow. She's been talking me into getting one, but I wanted to know a little more. Not the dry junk in the books I have, but what an owner has experienced with it.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Now that is very helpful when asking a question about things here...

As for adult specimums, I have no experience with one. But my juv likes things pretty much set up like the common A.avic does. It does seem to appear to need a bit more humidity, and is picky eater. They need to have a lot of ventilation in their enclosure as well.

My first one lived 1½ years and then for some reason unknown to me, just stopped eating and died. Darrin Vernier calls this "Avicularia wasting disease" and appears to have no known cause to owners.

The one I have now, is doing well, under the same conditions in a similair enclosure. About the only thing different I've done is add more ventilation holes. Hopefully it will make it to adulthood

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks metallica... I needed that! LOL!!

You have a butthead sense of humor like I do!

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Diane S said:
Here is pic of my Versicolor.

It's about 2" now. They are very nice T's. Mine is super cool and is very calm little bugger once out of it's web. BTW, they web and web and web... ALOT!
See...,

It's like cotton candy! {D
i wish mine would web like that diane... :( i guess it needs time though : p

melissa, i have one and it's about 1 inch big, i don't know about others but mine seems to have a bit of an attitude :cool:.. it's really flighty too, fast as lightning.. also mine actually attacked the tweezers once when i tried to move it! lol.. that's why i use plastic ones for it now.. two things though, first off, these t's can really jump! my 3.5 inch avicularia avicularia (french guyenese pinktoe) jumps like a mad man! when it was at the pet shop, the guy that worked there would simply put his hand near the enclosure and the t would jump off his hand into it's home... second, they SHOOT DOODOO at you! like a water gun! it's pretty funny actually.. just make sure you wear some crappy clothes when handling it unlike me, i was wearing a Pure Playa velour suit :eek: lol

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Quote:

My first one lived 1½ years and then for some reason unknown to me, just stopped eating and died. Darrin Vernier calls this "Avicularia wasting disease" and appears to have no known cause to owners.

Do you know if R.I.E.S.M. has checked this out?

Quote: they SHOOT DOODOO at you! like a water gun! it's pretty funny actually

I thought this was a bit of a joke when I first saw it. Then I got my Avic. Yep they do it. Crazy.

eksong

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Diane, may I ask how you were able to get such a nice coloured Versi? Mines is a more overall blue-green and doesn't really have any iridescent speckles...

Camera magic maybe?

Thanks so much

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
eksong said:
Hey Diane, may I ask how you were able to get such a nice coloured Versi? Mines is a more overall blue-green and doesn't really have any iridescent speckles...

Camera magic maybe?

Thanks so much
mine does too, get a flashlight and look at it though, it's amazing! they're extremely beautiful t's! i think all versi's are different though, not by much but they are, in how bright or dark they are.