Avicularia Tarantula Escaped!

TynJake104

Arachnopeon
I woke up this morning and my Avicularia escaped. i think cause my idiot self left the cage open a tiny bit but this spider is small! i placed a few water dishes on the floor. is there anything else i should do. i barricaded the door. do i just have to wait a few days? this is the only picture i have of him/her. what should i do?

Attachments

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
As billy madison would say, if your dog gets lost you don't go looking for an hour and give up you get off your butt and find that freaking dog. Never lost a tarantula but the best time to find it is now I wouldn't stop looking for it until it's found.

Also you just discover that it's missing so first thing you do is lay out water dishes on the ground????

Poonjab

Arachnoking
As @0311usmc stated, get on it now. The reason I said the same, is because they can cover some ground. Buy starting the search ASAP you reduce the chances of it getting further away from origin of escape. If you tear everything out and still don’t find it, then plan b is to come back at night and look with a light, in hopes it reveals itself from hiding spot. Keep us posted.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
From the looks of the dog in your avatar, if I was that T I’d be high tailing it out of there too. 😳

Watch where you step as well. They tend to go high, but could be literally anywhere.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
From the looks of the dog in your avatar, if I was that T I’d be high tailing it out of there too. 😳

Watch where you step as well. They tend to go high, but could be literally anywhere.
I saw that. I hope he wasn’t the one who did that to that poor dog haha

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
go up from the enclosure and work slowly out. Seal off any exits and start minimizing clutter slowly and gently. Look for crevices and cracks
Best time to look? Now
Best time to stop looking? When it is found

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Check every warm spot on your room, specially the ones made out of wood. Also check your pillow before asleep.

TynJake104

Arachnopeon
As billy madison would say, if your dog gets lost you don't go looking for an hour and give up you get off your butt and find that freaking dog. Never lost a tarantula but the best time to find it is now I wouldn't stop looking for it until it's found.

Also you just discover that it's missing so first thing you do is lay out water dishes on the ground????
that’s what i saw people saying on this website. i’ve been looking all day long and still haven’t found him yet

I saw that. I hope he wasn’t the one who did that to that poor dog haha
no i found this pic online

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Thankfully I have never had a spider escape but I did have a small group of royal pythons do one.
Rather than faff around asking advice on forums I just got on and searched the reptile room. Half hour later, all were found again.
If you have a basic understanding of the needs of the animal, you will find it.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
no i found this pic online
Phew, I was going to have to lecture you on the pencil eyebrow, the importance of lashes completing the look, and how a smokey brow would have been more sophisticated look.

If you have shelves don’t forget to look on the underside. Just continue to methodically go section by section of the room.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Just replying to wish you good luck, I know what it’s like to have a loose T.