Avicularia Tarantula Escaped!

Jaromysfuneral

Arachnopeon
Avicularia are going to be arboreal so eventually, it will head upwards. check Lights as food will be there and they recognize that. In the wild they find holes in trees or leaves to make their homes so think like they do and you will find your spider

Oh you found I nice!
Avicularia are going to be arboreal so eventually, it will head upwards. check Lights as food will be there and they recognize that. In the wild they find holes in trees or leaves to make their homes so think like they do and you will find your spider

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
So glad you found it! If its okay, would you mind sharing a full picture of its enclosure so we can see if theres any way to minimize this happening again in the future?

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
That’s his/her size compared to my hand

I have a question is there any other way that I could tell it’s gender without it molting. it hasn’t molted yet ever since I got it I’ve had it for about three weeks.
tbh the female I bred my male to earlier this year was about that size. I had a hard time believing that she was mature, but apparently she had produced sacs before, and so she did again.

I had my Avic avic male for 3.5 years and he only molted twice in all of that time, so I wouldn't expect a molt any time soon.

Did you figure out how it escaped?

TynJake104

Arachnopeon
yea i found out how it escaped. I guess there was a hole in the lid that I didn’t see that It got through. I’m working on trying to get a better sized cage for arboreal tarantulas. But my budgets a little tight right now so I have to work with a regular 10 gallon fish tank I covered up the holes where there Filter is supposed to be with duct tape so that way the spider can’t get out but don’t worry I put it on the other side so that way the spider doesn’t get stuck on the tape. I will be able to get a correct enclosure for arboreal’s but not right now because my budget is tight like I said.

I’m not sure how old the tarantula is. And I’m not sure if it’s a male or female it was sold to me un-sexed.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
That’s his/her size compared to my hand

I have a question is there any other way that I could tell it’s gender without it molting. it hasn’t molted yet ever since I got it I’ve had it for about three weeks.
Do the pedipalps have pink toes too?

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Glad you've found it! The most reliable way to tell a tarantula's sex is to wait for it to molt.
Hope you enjoy your tarantula no matter the gender!
And to be able to enjoy your tarantula for a long time,please don't handle it,bad things can happen :zipit:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
to really sex it, wait for a molt, the rest is some very educated guesswork, but still guess work

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I FOUND HIM

He was literally behind the mirror on my dresser. I found a tiny little web trails on the glass
Glad you found it. Now you see why I say time is of the essence? I’ve heard of people finding their terrestrial T’s down stairs, under a table. That’s why it’s important to get to looking ASAP. Now don’t make the same mistake. Best of luck.

TynJake104

Arachnopeon
Thanks, that would be a morph of Avicularia Avicularia
lovely T.
yea it really is. so would it be the avicularia avicularia metallic pink toe tarantula? i’m really bad with names. i only know a few from exotics lair like the a. chalcodes and a few other lol.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
yea it really is. so would it be the avicularia avicularia metallic pink toe tarantula? i’m really bad with names. i only know a few from exotics lair like the a. chalcodes and a few other lol.
Where do you get you tarantula husbandry advice from? Just curious.