Avicularia spec. Tarapoto

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
So I got two Avicularia spec. Tarapoto slings at Hamm two weeks ago. Set them up like all my other Avic slings. However I noticed they both built kind of a dirtcurtian at the bottom of their corkbarks like my P.Irminia slings. All my other avics tend to go up and build a web towards the lid. Also since they moved into their new homes I haven't seen them out once. Has anyone noticed the same behavior with this species? I bought them from a reputable breeder and they look like avic slings so I am pretty sure it's not the wrong spider. Just thought it's a little odd to see avics behave like this.

Last edited:

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
weird, do you have any pics of the slings?
As I said they don't come out and I don't really want to destroy their webs to get them out of there. I did look at a few pictures online of spec. tarapoto slings and all the pictures I could find look like what I have. They both built very similar nets close to the ground which looks odd to me because my other avics all have vertical tunnels or just a web under the lid.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Just spider being spider. I have 0.0.6 P subfusca HL in identical containers, some have made clean webs, some have made dirt curtains, one has burrowed, and one has done nothing at all and just wanders around like a dunce.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
As I said they don't come out and I don't really want to destroy their webs to get them out of there. I did look at a few pictures online of spec. tarapoto slings and all the pictures I could find look like what I have. They both built very similar nets close to the ground which looks odd to me because my other avics all have vertical tunnels or just a web under the lid.
hmm, that sure doesnt sound like any of my Avic slings... Psalmopoeus look similar to Avic slings when young...

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
My A. diversipes sling did this as well. I don't think you have anything to worry about, they're just doing sling stuff.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
My A. diversipes sling did this as well. I don't think you have anything to worry about, they're just doing sling stuff.
Hm my diversipes sling built a regular web like all my other avics when I got him a year ago. But maybe they sometimes behave out of the norm.
hmm, that sure doesnt sound like any of my Avic slings... Psalmopoeus look similar to Avic slings when young...
I can see what you mean but they don't look like Psalmopoeus. The color and shape are both correct for what I see online for spec tarapoto slings. Guess only time will tell for sure.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Hm my diversipes sling built a regular web like all my other avics when I got him a year ago. But maybe they sometimes behave out of the norm.

I can see what you mean but they don't look like Psalmopoeus. The color and shape are both correct for what I see online for spec tarapoto slings. Guess only time will tell for sure.
theyre most likely just being weird, maybe because theres not alot of cover near the top of the cage. (from what i can see)