Avicularia Sp. "Pucallpa"

Xafron

Arachnosquire
Still haven't bought a T. Passed on the Avicularia purpurea I asked you all about mainly because of the price (thankfully someone else bought it finally, so I don't have to sit there telling myself "NO, DON'T BUY A $275 SPIDER!").

Continuing to look at my options and I stumbled across Avicularia Sp. "Pucallpa". Anyone heard of these? Googled it, and really didn't find anything other than this thread from 2015.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/peruvian-avicularia.273409/

Was curious if people have learned more about them since then, or if any of you have one now, as the post is a couple years old. Not even sure what they look like...as the pictures seem to be unreliable. I would assume in terms of care they are the same as the rest of Avicularia. Just a little odd that there is no info out there, not even an estimate on adult size. It feels weird to consider buying an animal when I know literally nothing about it.

Last edited:

Xafron

Arachnosquire
@viper69 I see you agreed with my post. Do you not really have any knowledge on the specifics of these either? I almost messaged you about it actually.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
pretty sure its just another juruensis (now rufus) morpho type. meaning pretty much just a different type locality. still obviously shouldnt be bred with rufus or other similar localities.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69 I see you agreed with my post. Do you not really have any knowledge on the specifics of these either? I almost messaged you about it actually.

This locality name has been in and out, mostly out of the USA hobby for many years. In point of fact I cannot say if what was brought in years ago is the same as what's being sold now.

A perfect example is my A. bicegoi from many years ago. It was not what was once known as bicegoi these past few years, not at all. To this day its identity remains unknown.

Anything is possible, but I'd be surprised if they required a partcular husbandry different than Avics currently in the hobby.