Avicularia sp. Peru purple

mfm96

Arachnopeon
How are they in temperament vice? Defencive or skittish? Are they out alot or always in their silk tunnels? Considering buying som slings. Also what size do they attain?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
My juvie likes to point it's butt at me, so not very tolerant. Specimens vary heavily, you could get a sweet heart or a demon. Mine is out 90% of the tine, more than my other 6. I've heard 6.5".

Timc

Arachnosquire
Mine is also a juvie, and she is out and about when she's hungry and hidden when she's not. As far at tempement, she's kind of a scaredy cat. Any disturbance and she's into her hiding spots. Maybe that will change as she gets older and she'll calm down, or even get more defensive; who knows, but as of right now I couldn't recommend this spider any more. I love this girl, the colors are outstanding, she can be a little piggy, and the webbing is beautiful. However, I can not comment on the full grown adult size as this is the only one of this species I've ever seen in person:p

mfm96

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the wonderful replies! If i was not sure before, i defintively are now! Thats huge! I like that you mention that they are out alot, hopw i get a individual like that

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How are they in temperament vice? Defencive or skittish? Are they out alot or always in their silk tunnels? Considering buying som slings. Also what size do they attain?
Same as most Avics, skittish. I raised a couple and they were pretty, but more skittish than most Avics. If you want a non-skittish Avic generally, get A. metallica. They are typically gentle giants.