• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Avicularia sp. "Peru purple"

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yep, i have three mating pairs, but one female molted not too long ago and was off key from the rest of the males, and so was the other female. they bred today. ;)

so i bred two out of my three females with the same male.

anyways, here's a couple pics from the breedings. first pic is of one of the females. second pic is with mated female numerbo uno, third pic is of mated female numbero dos.

temp: 75F fed 2 crickets on a regular basis. PM me if you want other details on breeding / temps/ etc etc..

PS: if you are wondering why they are mating on my bed (hehehehe) it's because i put the males deli cup right beside the female's kritter keeper, and they both kinda crawled out at the same time, and then found each other on my bed... :D

Last edited:

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
update: male mated with female #1 last night again. it went excellent, and when i sneaked a peek to see if the male was making good inserts, i actually saw him slap a big drop of sperm right onto the female and then insert a few good times. :D and what's even better is the female molted only a month or so ago. both male and female were drumming like mad before they became locked together. {D

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
male was munched

well, i put the male in female #1 's container last night, they bred, for about 3 minutes, but when the male tried running out, the female grabbed him... very sad, but it's nature i guess. :( :( see pics below

first two pics of when she was actually eating him, and then in the third pic she decided she didn't want anymore and left the corpse lying.

Last edited:

Rich65

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is my first breeding attempt of the peru purple. The male is on loan from Reclusa .

05/14/08 received male from reclusa and set him up in his own container.

05/15/08 paired the two up and immediately the male began to twitch while the female drummed. The male locked the female and made several inserts in what seemed liked only seconds. Male made a quick escape, all total about 1 1/2 minutes. All breedings are done late evening from 10 to 12 most nights, temps are in the mid to high 70's.

05/16/08 2nd breeding attempt, just like first night male was in and out in under a minute, good Insertions observed.

05/17/08 male was seen making sperm web.

05/19/08 3rd breeding much like the previous two, female still receptive male was a little more calm, but the breeding was very quick.

05/21/08 4th breeding was a carbon copy of the others, male was removed after each breeding.

05/30/08 female is eating strong and getting very plump in the abdomen.

06/12/08 female has begun to form a large funnel web.

06/14/08 female is completely sealed in her funnel, you can hardly see thruogh it.

06/22/08 early morning female has started her sac, by that evening I can barely see, but she is stretched out over a nice sac.

07/06/08 pulled the sac tonight at 14 days, all eggs looked great had 8 that where dried up. total is somewhere around 180 eggs.

07/12/08 eggs are becoming eggs with legs, what an awesome sight, most are still good 3 appear to have dried.

look for updated post soon!!

RICH

Last edited:

Rich65

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
updated pics

slings at 25 days and at 29 days

Last edited:

Rich65

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
update

slings at day 39

Last edited:

Morro_Narcissa

Arachnopeon
12-17-07 - introduced male to female, one quick mating observed immediately, and male was left to cohabitate with female for two weeks, during which time the male was observed making two additional sperm webs inside female's container.

12-31-07 - male was removed from female's container.

5-1-07 - eggsack was discovered in female's enclosure.

6-10-08 - eggsack was pulled from female's enclosure and opened to reveal healthy 1st instars. I counted 65.

6-28-08 - spiderlings are approaching molt to 2nd instar

7-1-08 - nearly all of the spiderlings have achieved 2nd instar

8-2-08 - healthy 2nd instars.

Rich65

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
update pics of slings

day 52 dark and ready to molt, day 54 starting to molt. Should be ready to go very soon!!

Last edited:

martin lees

Arachnopeon
Avicularia sp. Peru purple success

Avicularia sp Peru purple success

Adult female molted march 2014
Managed to get a fresh Mature male from Olaf Hopp in Germany.
Paired 3/7/14 & 9/7/14. Typical quick Avic quick pairings.
Layed eggsack 5/8/14
Pulled sack 29/8/14(25 days)all EWL
Molted to N2 after about 10/14 days
Molted to slings after another 2 weeks.
Total 92