Avicularia sling cages.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
IMG_20170111_152403312.jpg i have a few avics on the way, arriving tomorrow, (a 1" A laeta, a 1/2" A diversipes, and a 1/3" A cf purpurea) and since i am out of 16oz deli cups, and the diversipes and the purpurea are so small, would any of you think these vials would work? im asking as i hate having slings under 1" in 16 and 32 oz deli cups, but ive never raised a avic with out a water dish... i think frequent feedings and twice a week misting would be fine, but want peoples opinions... thanks. :) IMG_20170111_152407369_HDR.jpg IMG_20170111_152422849.jpg

louise f

Arachnoangel
I have been keeping avics and other aboreals in these vials without a water dish and only misting. They can do fine with just that.

But i must say i prefer these little enclosures with room for a water dish.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I think you should be fine with the occasional dribbling of some water on the webbing or a corner of the sub as long as the ventilation is good (which it looks to be from the pics).

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
my 1/2" diversipes is happy in exact vials.. Although it will need a rehouse with the next molt :)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
how often are you misting?
I do it once or twice a week but I have a radiator directly under my slings. This is rather hard to explain what I do lol :D I take the cap in my hands and point my spray bottle towards it.. I then spray the bottom of the lid until drops start falling on the webbing.. After five or so drops I close the lid.. :D I do this about twice a week.. Apparently it works, because my avic slings eat regularly and appear plump :D

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I do it once or twice a week but I have a radiator directly under my slings. This is rather hard to explain what I do lol :D I take the cap in my hands and point my spray bottle towards it.. I then spray the bottom of the lid until drops start falling on the webbing.. After five or so drops I close the lid.. :D I do this about twice a week.. Apparently it works, because my avic slings eat regularly and appear plump :D
haha i get it. ;)

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Looks good. I prefer this method so I don't tear the webbing. The funnel like web goes all around the enclosure too which is pretty rad!

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Well, they all arrived alive and are double to triple the sizes I expected. The laeta is gorgeous, a versicolor sling with red on the abdomen. I'm getting more deli cups tonight so I'll rehouse the other slings into them. Thanks for the advice guys.