Avicularia sling cages.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
IMG_20170111_152403312.jpg i have a few avics on the way, arriving tomorrow, (a 1" A laeta, a 1/2" A diversipes, and a 1/3" A cf purpurea) and since i am out of 16oz deli cups, and the diversipes and the purpurea are so small, would any of you think these vials would work? im asking as i hate having slings under 1" in 16 and 32 oz deli cups, but ive never raised a avic with out a water dish... i think frequent feedings and twice a week misting would be fine, but want peoples opinions... thanks. :) IMG_20170111_152407369_HDR.jpg IMG_20170111_152422849.jpg

louise f

Arachnoangel
I have been keeping avics and other aboreals in these vials without a water dish and only misting. They can do fine with just that.

But i must say i prefer these little enclosures with room for a water dish.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I think you should be fine with the occasional dribbling of some water on the webbing or a corner of the sub as long as the ventilation is good (which it looks to be from the pics).

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
my 1/2" diversipes is happy in exact vials.. Although it will need a rehouse with the next molt :)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
how often are you misting?
I do it once or twice a week but I have a radiator directly under my slings. This is rather hard to explain what I do lol :D I take the cap in my hands and point my spray bottle towards it.. I then spray the bottom of the lid until drops start falling on the webbing.. After five or so drops I close the lid.. :D I do this about twice a week.. Apparently it works, because my avic slings eat regularly and appear plump :D

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I do it once or twice a week but I have a radiator directly under my slings. This is rather hard to explain what I do lol :D I take the cap in my hands and point my spray bottle towards it.. I then spray the bottom of the lid until drops start falling on the webbing.. After five or so drops I close the lid.. :D I do this about twice a week.. Apparently it works, because my avic slings eat regularly and appear plump :D
haha i get it. ;)

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Looks good. I prefer this method so I don't tear the webbing. The funnel like web goes all around the enclosure too which is pretty rad!

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Looks good. I prefer this method so I don't tear the webbing. The funnel like web goes all around the enclosure too which is pretty rad!

View attachment 228989
id love to use those but theyre not in CAN. i found some at a expo once but im using them for my ornata and one of my scorplings. they eventually web lower.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Well, they all arrived alive and are double to triple the sizes I expected. The laeta is gorgeous, a versicolor sling with red on the abdomen. I'm getting more deli cups tonight so I'll rehouse the other slings into them. Thanks for the advice guys.