Species Avicularia purpurea

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice. Thanks! I've been trying to find something like that at the container store, but no luck so far. I may have to check that out.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Pioneer plastics also has some nice horizontal enclosures. About 1/3 the floor space of a 2.5g tank, good for juvenile Ts.

BTW - you need to drill the vent holes, be careful not to crack the enclosure when drilling

Kita

Arachnopeon
Oh wow. I thought I had come here to introduce myself back when I got my 2 slings from Joe Rossi, but apparently I was wrong. Guess I'll introduce my T now. EDIT: Maybe I did, but apparently it was so long a go that I can't find them. Oh well.

Last year I traded a Crested for 2 A. purpurea slings (hatched on my Leachianus's birthday!). One did not make it, but the other has reached adult colors in 1 year 1 month and outgrown sling darting. I had cleaned the containers before and was astonished at the short bursts of speed so I never tried to handle them. Since loosing its sibling, I was finally able to find a name for this one. Meet Purpurescent! And freshly (about 24 hours ago) molted too! You can see the toes of the molt behind him/her in the web.

Such a pretty underside. Reminds me of a Versicolor.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Juvi, just under 2.5", finally getting less shy after last molt.
PXL_20230326_091844710.jpg
PXL_20230320_061408899.jpg
Those adult colors are starting to shine through!