• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Avicularia purpurea

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
YES!!!!! my first bite. I don't know why i sound so exited, but heres what happened:

Two days ago (sep. 17 '03) I was bit by my little 1/2-3/4", baby Avic. purpurea. It was a dark and stormy night(not really, here in cali, we haven't seen any rain lately) I was doing some maitanence because he had just eaten. He then decided to wonder my body. He was so glad to be out side his little container I guess. He was moslty around my hand exploring. Suddenly he stoped on my index finger of my right hand. That's when I tried to get him back into his vial, he didn't move, he seamed stuck to my skin. I didn't know he bit me that very same moment, until I figured later on. He claimed back into his home, and all was happy. I then was calm and went to do my normal things that I do every night before sleeping. THAT'S when I felt it. I tried to bend my finger, but it felt HOT! felt paralized and stingy. Yes it is like needles poking you, yet not so sever that they are piercing your skin. I couldn't bend my finger because it felt weird. Moments later, there was a big red mark around what I belive to be the bitten area. I tought it was a funny feeling rather than a painful one, so I alerted my family. They said I was dumb :(. The affects lasted for about 15 - 30 minutes. Before i went to sleep there was this arthritis feeling around my finger, but nothing painful, just like....um...a tickling feeling. Next day, all symphtoms had dissapeared. Venom was injected I belive, really cool experience. I was expecting to get bit by something else, but A. purpurea suprised me. I guess it just liked how I tasted =D

any ways have a nice day

geo