Avicularia of DOOM

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So yesterday I'm doing tank maintenance and one of my big, fat adult female A. avicularia rears up in total threat posture. I have never seen that before from one of them.

The amazing thing was, it then grew to ten times its normal size, kidnapped the dog and fled to Mexico in the neighbor's pickup truck.

Well, that last part didn't really happen, but it could have.

Adrian

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by belewfripp
So yesterday I'm doing tank maintenance and one of my big, fat adult female A. avicularia rears up in total threat posture. I have never seen that before from one of them.

The amazing thing was, it then grew to ten times its normal size, kidnapped the dog and fled to Mexico in the neighbor's pickup truck.

Well, that last part didn't really happen, but it could have.

Adrian
I can believe the kidnapping part almost as easily as the threat posture ;)

Do you watch Invader Zim, by any chance?

Joy

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Invader Zim kicks ass. I'm wearing an I.Z. t-shirt today...Ok, that's completely O.T. but I've only made 2 other posts so far, so please bear with me. Being new sucks.

N.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a female A. versicolor who is a teddy bear one day and will totally slap you and threaten the next day. It's pretty cute when she's trying to be tough but I try to let her be when she's giving me that vibe.

Invader Zim is one of only 2 current age cartoons that I watch religiously. (the other is Dexter's lab...which most folks know by now) My doomy Zim collection of catastrophic doom is growing too. For Christmas, I added to the collection some Zim boxers with a picture of Gir riding the pig. I'm on the lookout for the Zim wristwatch...getting pretty hard to find but I will have it sooner or later.

Atrax

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Not a SpongeBob fan?!?!?! What speaketh thou?

Back on topic somewhat, my avic. is finally working on a funnel web (yaaaaay!). She was my birthday present to myself, bought a month and a half in advance. The smithi was what I originally wanted, but didn't find till month later. Still bought it, of course. I have pics now, but no time to post them this morning (as the camera was borrowed from my boss, and I need to get a few more in before work :D )

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:rolleyes: Who is Invader Zim ? I don't have cable, so I'm afraid I'm out of touch with what's hip in cartoons...heh

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

My avic never went into threat posture once! She/He is soo Calm!!

As for Invader Zim! I love drawing the characters! And I love the Show! I also love dexters lab, spongebob, ect! I love cartoons! There was a post a few weeks ago on cartoons!

James

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen the first episode of Zim. A friend of mine loaded up a bunch of episodes of the show onto a spare hard drive and gave it to me, but I haven't got around to watching them yet. I steal the DOOM bit more from Scott Keith's wrestling rants, where he will mock certain people, i.e. "and its Hogan with the legdrop of DOOM."

Adrian

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by nocturnalpulsem
Not a SpongeBob fan?!?!?! What speaketh thou?

Back on topic somewhat, my avic. is finally working on a funnel web (yaaaaay!). She was my birthday present to myself, bought a month and a half in advance. The smithi was what I originally wanted, but didn't find till month later. Still bought it, of course. I have pics now, but no time to post them this morning (as the camera was borrowed from my boss, and I need to get a few more in before work :D )
Well,
Happy birthday nocturnalpulsem.
Welcome aboard :)

Ernie

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
Well,
Happy birthday nocturnalpulsem.
Welcome aboard :)

Ernie
Tanks. Woo hoo, another year and I still can't hang out in a bar...I don't drink, but I miss a lot of good shows LoL

N.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by nocturnalpulsem
Tanks. Woo hoo, another year and I still can't hang out in a bar...I don't drink, but I miss a lot of good shows LoL

N.
Move to Canada. 19 to get into bars -- at least in Ontario.

Cheers,
Dave