Avicularia minatrix (Venezuelan red stripe)

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cute little Avic... This one likes to grab crickets in midair, then drop backward onto the moss bedding of her jar, her legs wrapped greedily around her prey!

Attachments

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is cute! Beautiful! I have never seen an adult A.minatrix...WOW! Great pic! :)

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Bill,
Is she from your personal collection? That is truely one gorgeous spider.

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nice! :) very similar to an Avicularia versicolor but this one is red and black... I'll buy one someday.. :)

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Hey BD,

I've seen that pic before. either that thing is gravid, or it's really wild looking. the forward hump in the abdomen makes it almost look like an orb-weaver, I really get a kick out of that picture.

Bill

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Minatrixes are so beautiful!
You know, in my language, Mina = my/mine, and trix/tricks=tricks,
so they're My Tricks :)
Thinking about getting one next..but another thing that goes into hiding during several months of winter (2.5 and counting)..hmmmm..

Cowshark

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does that pink color stay throughout the lifespan? I've seen some pics of A. minatrix that didn't have so much pink, and I wonder how long they stay that way. If Barbie doll had a T, it would have to be this kind. So pretty and pink!

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bill (Invertepets.com) is selling them. John Hoke has a guaranteed female on his pricelist. I'm getting a juvenile from Art Cerda. I will post a picture when I receive it, probably sometime next week if weather permits. They are supposed to retain the striping on their abdomen as adults.

Karen N.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You know, in my language, Mina = my/mine, and trix/tricks=tricks,
LOL! THat's hillarious. And when she matures and you start recieving loaner males, it'll be the truth!!!

Eph.