• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Avicularia laeta

martin lees

Arachnopeon
Avicularia laeta

Successful

Adult female molted - may 2012
After a few months of trying to find a mature male,I managed to buy one late September 2012.I tried pairing them a couple of times with no luck,but after I witnessed a fresh sperm web in the males enclosure I paired them again and witnessed a good insert on 29/10/2012.
Her tank was placed on middle shelf for the next few months and she was fed a large brown cricket once a week.By now she had webbed herself a really thick tube web which I couldn't see to the bottom of.late December she was being fed twice a week and had started webbing up more so I started wetting her substrata a bit more and placed her tank on top shelf at 80'f.
Once a week I still pushed a cricket through a tiny hole I made in the top of her tube web.She was now not leaving the bottom of her tube web so I suspected there was an eggsack in there.I didn't want to risk disturbing her just to have a look though.
Early February 2013 I went to feed and top up her water I noticed lots of spiderlings and a few N2,s in the tube web.
I left them in there for a couple more weeks before I potted them up.
Total spiderlings- 110