Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Avicularia Juruensis - Yellow Banded Pinktoe

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Kodi, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Kodi

Kodi Title Master

Advertisement
    Close up pictures of the bands would be interesting. :D
    What in the world kind of camera do you use? Im sure it was very expensive...

2. CEC

CEC Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

Great photos, Great spider! One of my favorite Avics, I hope to own a few in the future.

3. Theist 17

Theist 17 Arachnosquire

Well, welcome to the new craze.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lol i hear that ^ im sure they will be the next trendy t (soon as theyre readily available) but i can deal with that.

5. Storm76

Storm76 Arachnoemperor

Well, I asked around over here and even Michael Scheller said they seem to be close to extinct in the hobby over here (at least he wasn't aware of anyone that keeps a breeding pair) - which is quite sad. I'm gonna try ask around some more and see what I can dig up, but after that answer I don't have much hopes. A pity, but that's what happens if people not willing to breed them just want them for keeping them :(

6. Theist 17

Theist 17 Arachnosquire

What a shame. They're such nice-looking tarantulas.

7. advan

advan oOOo Staff Member

Considering hundreds of CB slings were imported into the US last year from Europe, I highly doubt that. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kodi

Kodi Title Master

Well we might be waiting a couple of years then...

9. Storm76

Storm76 Arachnoemperor

From EUROPE maybe, but certainly not from Germany, which I was talking about. It could very well be that there are some in other EU countries, but at least over here, they're close to extinction in the hobby.

10. advan

advan oOOo Staff Member

Huh, I thought Germany was in Europe. I can't believe I passed German, let alone German 2 in high school. Man our schools are getting terrible. {D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Storm76

Storm76 Arachnoemperor

Pff..stop picking my answer to pieces there ;) You know what I meant (and I'm sorry if I wrote it weird to get it across - happens to foreigners;)) - however: There's a number of very well-known sites over here where people post offerings for upcoming T expos and the like (just have to mention "HAMM" - the biggest one in Germany...) but even on those, there's nothing despite the fact that people from Italy, Spain, UK, Finland, Sweden, Hungary and so on usually travel there once per year. So, where did those come from exactly, Chad?

I need NAMES, ADDRESSES, TELEPHONENUMBERS! :D (just kidding...)

• Like Like x 1
  12. bliss

bliss Arachnoprince Old Timer

The greatest thing to have in the tarantula hobby is patience.

I had seen this species come and go several times while I was in the hobby. It will come around again.

-Dan

13. Storm76

Storm76 Arachnoemperor

True. I'll just keep looking...at some point I might get lucky ;)

14. papilio

papilio Arachnoprince Old Timer

Here are a couple shots from the evening at Chad's.

I just came upon this thread earlier today ... sorry to admit, I had no idea at the time of the celebrity in front of the lens! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Avicularia juruensis sling foot by _papilio, on Flickr

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Oh come on.. now you guys are just showing off lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dang it these are awesome lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. AgentD006las

AgentD006las Arach-how about..NO

I stumbled across this thread and i feel i should add my input. I raised 3 slings from 2i. 1 male and 2 females. The male died at 3" and the 2 females reached 4" in the first year. I fed them quite well. They passed my 2 female A. versicolors that were 1.5" at the time i had bought the A. juruensis.

• Like Like x 3
  18. CEC

CEC Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

That's crazy, unfortunately we have not had the same experience.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  19. Aarantula

Aarantula Arachnobaron Old Timer

NJ
    WOW THESE PICS ARE INCREDIBLE!
    What type of camera /lense are you using???

• Like Like x 1
  20. papilio

papilio Arachnoprince Old Timer

Thank you Aarantula, I appreciate it! :D

I have a D7000 and use a 100mm Tokina macro. These are full-res crops from a complete body shot.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.