Avicularia Juruensis - Yellow Banded Pinktoe

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
I just discovered this species and I have to say its definitely on my Avic want list among most of the Avics currently available. They seem rare and I guess they get their common name from the slings because the adults have no such markings. Based on my searching I see that its currently available no where.

The Juruensis' color is plain but the brown is more creamy.
www.giantspiders.com/A_juruensis.html

Oh, now I see the yellow bands. Thats pretty cool if I do say so my self. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they ARE out there lol
I saw somebody selling them a while ago, but sadly i had a couple HUGE bills to pay. I have been wanting this sp. for quite a while, and WILL own a couple one day.
Some tarantulas pop into the hobby for a while, then are unheard of for a long time after. That is what the wishlist is for i guess

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
The most recent I seen them being sold is in 2010... I really hope their still around and when they do come around their not ridiculously expensive.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
there was a classified of them (i believe a pair..) being sold HERE like 3-4 months ago.. if i remember correctly it was a member named sweetypie (could be very wrong on member.. NOT time frame)

As far as price goes, you get what you pay for i guess.. if they only come around once in a blue moon, they are worth the extra cash IMHO.
Avics are a super common genus. I like having/am planning to break into having tarantulas that arent deemed "run of the mill" (not saying there is ANYTHING wrong at all with commons, ive just owned a TON of ts, even if only briefly)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh my gosh! Steven and I are looking for them for MONTHS ongoing already...mind you: These are even rare over here in Germany! I only know of ONE breeder so far and I passed the chance on getting some slings from that person, as they came at like 50 EUR (2nd instar)...I'll probably have to "bite into the sour apple" and get them anyways next time they appear for sale...:D

advan

oOOo
Staff member
The yellow bands are there at 2i all the way up to adult size. Mine have been growing really slow. Awesome species!

Kodi you should read the rules on posting pictures, especially when they aren't yours......Clicky

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you have a PAIR? lol

---------- Post added 08-18-2012 at 09:46 AM ----------

if you ever get a viable sack (assuming you have the pair) PLEASE lmk

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hell, as long as we BOTH cross the finish line I'd be happy lol. Seems like weve discussed this tarantula many times (among a few others:sarcasm:)

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Do you have a PAIR? lol

---------- Post added 08-18-2012 at 09:46 AM ----------

if you ever get a viable sack (assuming you have the pair) PLEASE lmk
No, I have slings. I've had these for almost 2 years and they are maybe 1.5". I know someone with a lady looking for a MM though.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No, I have slings. I've had these for almost 2 years and they are maybe 1.5". I know someone with a lady looking for a MM though.
Dang it! I'd order them from you, wouldn't it be a) too expensive and b) not the best idea with these temps and the long journey they'd have to make::::D

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Dang it! I'd order them from you, wouldn't it be a) too expensive and b) not the best idea with these temps and the long journey they'd have to make::::D
They won't be going anywhere. ;)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow.. that slow huh? Are you feeding them heavily or no? Usually that would be offputting, but strangely with THIS sp i dont mind. Nothin TOO special about them, but for some reason theyve been on the wishlist and havent budged.
I believe ive seen the ISO add too.. (or at least SOMEBODYS)

advan

oOOo
Staff member
wow.. that slow huh? Are you feeding them heavily or no? Usually that would be offputting, but strangely with THIS sp i dont mind. Nothin TOO special about them, but for some reason theyve been on the wishlist and havent budged.
I believe ive seen the ISO add too.. (or at least SOMEBODYS)
No, they are like wood ticks, always fat, even after a molt. I don't feed as much as you guys do.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, they are like wood ticks, always fat, even after a molt. I don't feed as much as you guys do.
i guess with a sp. this uncommon there would be no rush to watch them grow. MAYBE if i knew i had a pair, but IDK.

How is the temperment (in your experience) of the juruensis.. Is it a defensive/aggressive type of Avic (like A. diversipes), or is it shy (like A. avic)

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
The yellow bands are there at 2i all the way up to adult size. Mine have been growing really slow. Awesome species!

Kodi you should read the rules on posting pictures, especially when they aren't yours......Clicky
Sorry about that. Thanks for the correction and good job looking out for the AB rules. :) I think I fixed it now?

Hopefully there's a person out there with that pair and waiting on a sac...

advan

oOOo
Staff member
i guess with a sp. this uncommon there would be no rush to watch them grow. MAYBE if i knew i had a pair, but IDK.

How is the temperment (in your experience) of the juruensis.. Is it a defensive/aggressive type of Avic (like A. diversipes), or is it shy (like A. avic)
Same as other Avicularia. Judging by this video the same as my A. metallica lady but mine are only 1.5" so only time will tell. ;)
[YOUTUBE]SE_oXOCMOrg[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry about that. Thanks for the correction and good job looking out for the AB rules. :) I think I fixed it now?

Hopefully there's a person out there with that pair and waiting on a sac...
Take away the photo and leave the link. Also the genus is the only name that should be capitalized not the species.
Etc. Avicularia juruensis :)

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Now that you remind me I did learn that in Life science a few years ago. Always learning.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
NO WAY lol.. they look similar in the sense they are AVICS lol..
the juruensis is easily differentiated. Part of the reason i like the sp. is because they "stand out" in the genus. ancylochira are pretty too tho and almost got one.

http://birdspiders.com/gallery/index.php/Tarantulas/birdspiders_0875 keep in mind the yellow isnt showing too well in that pic (ive seen some pics with the yellow as bright as a poeci's)

http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/index.php/Tarantulas/birdspiders_0211 ... Avicularia ancylochira IS very pretty, but for not as desired ATM.. i DID almost get a few from Jamie a while ago, and likely will eventually tho

Last edited by a moderator: