Avicularia, i would like as much information as possible on anything pertaining to said species.

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello all, I'm extremely interested in the Avicularia Species, i am looking for as much information as possible on them. Such as, the # of species available in the hobby, where i can obtain said species, Average price, housing requierments, housing recamendations, photos of your housing\tarantulas, temperments, subtrate \ subtrate mixes. etc. etc. basicly anything you can think of, i love learning and im quite sure there are alot of people here i can learn from!

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do a search using the term "avicularia" and you'll find plenty of posts covering those topics.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's a lot of info so try doing a search for some of it and if you can't find everything you need to know, we can fill in the blanks.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Go to the dealer review boards on here and you will find some good T dealers....go look at their web pages and see if they have any Avics for sale (most of em will).

I have an A. Avicularia and a A. Versicolor, and they are both in taller cages. I have some sphagum moss (about 2") on the bottom of the cages, and some kind of branch or cork bark in there for them to attach their web to. Even though most of em will create their own hide out of a web, it doesnt hurt to give them some kind of hide (hollowed out log, half a flower pot, etc). I mist my guys once in the morning and once at night, and the bigger Avic also has a water dish.

Really, they are not that hard to care for. I love mine, they are usually visible and pretty nice little buggers. I bought my first 2 at an exotic expo for $10 apiece

BinarySpider

Arachnopeon
Avicularia

That is a very informative link syndicate.

Here is something that was confusing for me since I am new to the Avicularia genus. This is my bicegoi also called the Brick Red Pink Toe at 2.5 inches. They are exactly like the online photograph. I am extremely happy with these specimens especially since I have not seen any Avicularia with this shade of red as of yet. Brick Red Pink Toe defintiely fits this tarantula.

Then if I go to the following advertisement it is being called 4" Plus Red Rump Pink Toe (Avicularia bicegoi) Fresh Molt! German. I thought that the common name Red Rump was mainly used for the Mexican Red Rump, Brachypelma vagans. This add may go away soon since most are only there a short time.

http://market.insecthobbyist.com/detail.php?cat=8&de=201645

Then the following link adds yet again another color variation that is called the bicegoi...

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=4365

It can be very confusing for us New Bees out here when we research a common and scientific name and we find multiple color and size variations. I have seen it in most of the Avicularia species. Some of it could be the camera, the lighting, pre molt, post molt, or the age of the tarantula.

BinarySpider

Last edited:

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow! that picture is amazing! i hope i can find one of those Avicularias...how much was she if you dont mind my asking?

BinarySpider

Arachnopeon
Thanks

Wow! that picture is amazing! i hope i can find one of those Avicularias...how much was she if you dont mind my asking?
Thanks,

Brick-red Pink Toe (Avicularia bicegoi)

They cost me $50 each at 2.5 inches toe to toe from...

http://www.botarby8s.com/pricelist.php

...plus shipping which I chose the FedEx next day before 10:30AM.

Shipping was about $30 to my area which was spread out over 8 tarantulas making it about $3.75 per tarantula for shipping. I dought that it would be $3.75 to ship one tarantula because the shippers set their prices in a weight range.

BinarySpider

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi you will get a lot of use the SEARCH BUTTON on here some will not help you at all you soon know who they are --- any way good luck -- phil