Avicularia huriana

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I'm considering buying one of these cuties. I don't know anything about their price and availability yet, but my supplier told me he could get about 40 different Avicularia species, so I guess that will include the A. huriana as well.

I read that A. huriana is slightly aggressive, is this true? And I'd like to hear some of your own experiences.

Dennis

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't think there have been 40 different Avicularia species identified, let alone available in the hobby. I think your supplier is pulling your leg -- and more importantly, beware 'fake' Avics. There's remarkable variation among just Avicularia avicularia specimen and you occasionally see common pinktoes sold as other stuff.

bill

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bill, I don't think I agree with you on the less then 40 Avic. species id-ed.

This is a site wich I use to check out some spiders, and here is the Avic. list:
http://users.skynet.be/vogelspinnenn/vogelspinnen/soorten/boomsoorten/boomsoorten.htm#Avicularia _

I just got a reply by e-mail from the guy, and the A. huriana and the A. metallica will cost me about 8 euros as spiderling. Not too bad I guess. I just have to know a little bit more about the A. huriana's attitude ....

Dennis

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have to agree with Bill.

Last I heard there were something like 24 different avics not 40 so like Bill said it sounds like a bit of leg pulling going on. As to the hurriana being aggressive.... not from my experience. Pretty much they are just a large fuzzy teddy bear of an avic. My female has never shown any aggression towards me and she has been handled quite a bit. They are a great species and I highly recommend them to anyone.

Phil

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ggrrr, I hate it when people put somthing on their site, wich is visited by many other people, and they put wrong information on it!!

Anyway, my apologies for not believing you Bill.
And Phil, that one is just soo cute. As it's non aggresive I think I will pay those 8 euros for it. I'm pretty sure I won't be dissapointed!

Dennis

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
Hi!
I checked that list out...
A. magdalenae is the old name of A. aurantiaca. And I've read that it might later on be changed into A. juruensis...
So that's two names off from that the list :D

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just got a reply by e-mail from the guy, and the A. huriana and the A. metallica will cost me about 8 euros as spiderling. Not too bad I guess. I just have to know a little bit more about the A. huriana's attitude ....

Dennis [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats about $8.00 US, right? Thats a great price.. I'd buy 4 of each, so I'd get a female.
How much for shipping?

Ernie