Avicularia fasciculata - NEW in breed

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is one gorgeous Avicularia. :clap: I sure don't expect to see those for sale anytime soon.

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice!!! in the second pic, the legs look blue.

is that just the lighting, or are they actually that color??? :drool:

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hallo Peter,
Beautiful spider and certainly looks like the previous images of that species, but who ID'd it?? I did not think that anyone was capable of identifying any of the Avicularia to species level, namely because nobody has as yet seen ALL types from the group, mapped intergrades, noted inter-specific variants, etc.

Regardless, beautiful animal and quite different to the others in the market...

Thanks,
Steve

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
These spiders are already in the hobby.. a friend of mine just bought 3 adults :)

Plievis

Arachnopeon
Hallo Peter,
Beautiful spider and certainly looks like the previous images of that species, but who ID'd it?? I did not think that anyone was capable of identifying any of the Avicularia to species level, namely because nobody has as yet seen ALL types from the group, mapped intergrades, noted inter-specific variants, etc.

Regardless, beautiful animal and quite different to the others in the market...

Thanks,
Steve
Hello Peter,

what about Steves objection?

Regards
Thomas

PhilR

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This was exactly my point in a thread regarding these spiders on another board. How have they been identified to species level? What have they been compared against, and has Strand's original work been consulted?

These spiders are already in the hobby.. a friend of mine just bought 3 adults :)
..and has posted pictures to prove it. Apparently he has 3 adults and two subadults.

i mean in Europe...

What about offsprings...?
The guy that Becky mentioned is from the UK :)

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Let's just refer to them as Avicularia sp. "fasciculata". There are some in the U.S. as well.

Eric

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
He is gonna breed them as far as im aware right Phil?

Love the avics :) Gorgeous little things

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Am I the only one that find that this spider looks like an Iridopelma sp.?:?

Just curious if anyone had the same idea, because it is the first thing that pops to my mind when I see the pictures.

Now before I get blasted and inquisitionned on to how I can say such a thing and everyone wants to burn me on a stake... I just looked at the picture and said to myself, hey it looks "related" to what we are being sold as I. hirsutum in the hobby. Nothing more, just an observation.

Anyone else?

Martin

Snakes Inc.

Arachnopeon
Sorry for my ignorance but were these spiders Avicularia sp. "fasciculata" found naturally in the wild??:confused:

SOAD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
fasciaculata is a brazilian species isn't it?
And Martin, when i saw the photo I said "Hey, this is an Iridopelma species!"
It really looks like the Iridos i find here in Brazil, the only difference is that this one is blue. I'm not saying it is and Iridopelma, it just looks like one.

SOAD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Another thing, It comes from Bahia, NE Brazil. In this region iridopelma is the most common arboreal genus, not even sure if there are avics in that part of the country.

scolex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't care from where!

I don't care from where! I just want one!!!!;P

david goldsboro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
me and my brother simon bought 5 of these from the guy who collected them we have 4 females and 1 subadult male that is going to mature in the next few days ;P

Attachments