Avicularia Care

poppaJT

Arachnopeon
How do you care for the Avicularias such as the A. avic, versicolor, and metallica species? Like how do you humidify their cage, and keep it warm? and is their venom strong much?

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
They are New World tarantulas, so their venom isn't so potent. Mist the cage every few days for humidity and provide lots of ventilation, and don't do anything about the heat. If you're fine with the temperatures, they should be. One last thing, keep them in vertical cages. They are arboreal.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Try searching. You will find everything you need to know by running a search.

Keep the substrate moist for humidity. Heat isn't necessary as room temp is fine. Their venom is nothing significant.

Just search for the info.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have my A. versicolor in vertical type enclosure. About 5 cm(2 inches) of coco husk, some wood. For humidity i use forest moss from nature around my house and also I have Ivy and Orchid planted inside wich all do well. I mist the moss every few days so it stay nice and green. For heating in winter I have 25 watt heatpad mounted on one of the sides. They don't bite much except if you really step on their nerves. Their venom is mild and the bite feels like to be stung with a bee or a wasp.

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How do you care for the Avicularias such as the A. avic, versicolor, and metallica species? Like how do you humidify their cage, and keep it warm? and is their venom strong much?
You sound like a newbie! Please don't be offended, we all started out as one, and a lot of us still are!

However, if I'm correct I might suggest that you read the following webpage.

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/stansrant.html

Then be sure to read the four books mentioned in that webpage, preferably in the order listed. Try to read all four of them before Christmas. Unless you can talk someone into buying one or two of them for you for Christmas presents. Then, let them and read them when you can. But don't tell them that you could as easily have read the books at the local public library for free. {D

In the meantime, enjoy your 8-legged little buddy!