Avicularia bicegoi molted

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why is she evil? Is she a biter?
She has the worst hairs ever. I have said it once and Ill say it again, I'd rather rub blondi hairs on one eye lid and boehmei hairs on the other eye lid, then sprinkle some of both hairs in my mouth before I ever take hairs from her again.
I would say her hairs are pretty dangerous and one a scale of 1-10 she is an 11 in the pain infliction category.

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She has the worst hairs ever. I have said it once and Ill say it again, I'd rather rub blondi hairs on one eye lid and boehmei hairs on the other eye lid, then sprinkle some of both hairs in my mouth before I ever take hairs from her again.
I would say her hairs are pretty dangerous and one a scale of 1-10 she is an 11 in the pain infliction category.

Is that characteristic of Avics in general or does it vary by species? And do Avics do the hair-kicking-off-opisthosoma thing that terrestrials do? (I don't remember seeing avics with those bald spots...but my experience is most limited...)

BTW, from that pic, I would say she's worth any pain she causes!!

--Diane

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I must say... I let my female crawl on my arms once... Worst idea EVER! But yeah the hairs sucks.

Bob

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
None of my other avics bother me, but the bicegoi is just plain evil. They don't flick the hairs, they rub them on anything and everything.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I must say... I let my female crawl on my arms once... Worst idea EVER! But yeah the hairs sucks.

Bob
{D I can't imagine what would happen to me if I let her crawl on me. :eek:
I touched the paper towel she was packed in and my middle finger swelled up three times it's normal size, it burned like it was on fire, I could not bend it, and the pain and swelling took about three days to go away.

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
None of my other avics bother me, but the bicegoi is just plain evil. They don't flick the hairs, they rub them on anything and everything.
Thank you.

{D I can't imagine what would happen to me if I let her crawl on me. :eek:
I touched the paper towel she was packed in and my middle finger swelled up three times it's normal size, it burned like it was on fire, I could not bend it, and the pain and swelling took about three days to go away.
Wow!

I may take back what I said about it all being worth it...

--D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dunno my bicegoi loves to kick hairs
Mine never kicks. She just cocks her bum up in the air and sways side to side rubbing it on anything she comes in contact with while feeling threatened. If my girl ever kicks I will run as if I was being shot at.