Species Avicularia avicularia

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Can’t tell if it closed itself off. Canopy building is not always an immediate precursor to a molt.

They do make web tubes - nothing to do with molting.

sch1z0k1tty

Arachnopeon
My first ever tarantula is an A. Avic, Demeter. I absolutely fell in love with tarantulas after that but especially avis ;) I'd LOVE to see pictures of your avics if you have some!
What a relatable story! A. Avic is my first and only T (for now), found them at my local pet store and couldn’t say no. I had originally wanted a dwarf t as i’m somewhat of an arachnophobe and trying to get over my fear. I guess they were stressed at the pet store or something... they looked a lot smaller... after a day in their new home they really stretched out and I thought I might’ve made a mistake until i fed them a couple of crickets.. such a gentle wittle baby. I can stick my hands in (to clean or move something) without them bolting like some more challenging species I've watched on YT. 6 days of having this elegant beauty and I couldn't be more eager to grow my collection. First pic was them on top lid of their old enclosure (which i use to store their crickets in now) next pics were taken the days after.

Attachments

Last edited:

Insects Glorify God

Arachnopeon
What a relatable story! A. Avic is my first and only T (for now), found them at my local pet store and couldn’t say no. I had originally wanted a dwarf t as i’m somewhat of an arachnophobe and trying to get over my fear. I guess they were stressed at the pet store or something... they looked a lot smaller... after a day in their new home they really stretched out and I thought I might’ve made a mistake until i fed them a couple of crickets.. such a gentle wittle baby. I can stick my hands in (to clean or move something) without them bolting like some more challenging species I've watched on YT. 6 days of having this elegant beauty and I couldn't be more eager to grow my collection. First pic was them on top lid of their old enclosure (which i use to store their crickets in now) next pics were taken the days after.
Welcome to the hobby and the conquering of your fear. Be warned, it's very addictive... I started out with one and I am picking up #11 on my way home from work tonight. :)

Oswoc

Arachnosquire
I notice on film/camera they have like an irridecenent green on their 'feet' - any idea what this is? Looks stunning in the right light! 20210319_140642.jpg

Insects Glorify God

Arachnopeon
I notice on film/camera they have like an irridecenent green on their 'feet' - any idea what this is? Looks stunning in the right light! View attachment 379212
I asked a similar question about their amazing feet and got some amazing pictures in reply.

Caemoxie

Arachnopeon
My lovely lady Sithis! Rescued her from a Petco. I never buy T's from Petco, but I saw her while getting cat food and she looked so sad. Thought my partner was going to throttle the employee that got her for us, since he wouldn't stop waving her travel box about while talking to us.

Attachments