avicularia avicularia

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry to repeat the sentiments that were made ealier but it seems you're moving towards the hybrid argument because it seems you havent done your homework.
Breeding Avics is full of issues, ignore them and you're just adding to the problems we;re facing in the hobby.
Please don't take someone's ID for granted, its really worthwhile to do your homework beforehand.
Alright I separated them with out an incident.

I will do so research and find out the most positive a identifier for an A.Avic ,any suggestions?

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Should i wait for him to make a sperm web, or just
let them cohabit right away?
Let him make a sperm web if you want the pairing to be worth it.:?
Have you studied up on breeding 'em.
Not something for a "noob" to do after getting into T's.Assuming you got them within august.
Maybe look at the breeding reports for info posted in a link earlier in the thread.
Post a pic of the pair just in case they are different sp.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There are over 35 recognised hobby species of Avicularia but just over a handful have been properly ID'd. Many species are referred to as A. sp. followed by a location or other identifier eg. A. sp. kwitara, A. sp. guyanna, A. sp. Isla margarita, A. sp. metallica etc.
The best thing you can do is find the location data of the two that you have, were they wild caught or bred by someone? Its an uphill struggle tbh but you might find valuable information in this thread and obtain a better ID of your Avics:
http://www.the-t-store.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=8120&st=0

The best book I know of is:
Keeping and Breeding Tarantula - Ronald N Baxter
Many breeders consider this a must to your collection. It covers numerous species providing details of where the species are found and how to set up the correct environment.

You'll need to decide whether you're going to let mum look after the sac - with its possible consequences, or whether you'll incubate them. If you go for the latter you'll need to sort yourself an incubator and figure the timeframes for Avics (60/30/30 days approx).

You'll need to sort yourself separate tubs, over 100 of them for when the nymphs turn to slings. You might be able to keep them together as slings until the next moult but Avics will cannabilise.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There are over 35 recognised hobby species of Avicularia but just over a handful have been properly ID'd. Many species are referred to as A. sp. followed by a location or other identifier eg. A. sp. kwitara, A. sp. guyanna, A. sp. Isla margarita, A. sp. metallica etc.
The best thing you can do is find the location data of the two that you have, were they wild caught or bred by someone? Its an uphill struggle tbh but you might find valuable information in this thread and obtain a better ID of your Avics:
http://www.the-t-store.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=8120&st=0

The best book I know of is:
Keeping and Breeding Tarantula - Ronald N Baxter
Many breeders consider this a must to your collection. It covers numerous species providing details of where the species are found and how to set up the correct environment.

You'll need to decide whether you're going to let mum look after the sac - with its possible consequences, or whether you'll incubate them. If you go for the latter you'll need to sort yourself an incubator and figure the timeframes for Avics (60/30/30 days approx).

You'll need to sort yourself separate tubs, over 100 of them for when the nymphs turn to slings. You might be able to keep them together as slings until the next moult but Avics will cannabilise.
Hey thanks for the info man,cool deal

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
If there is any concerns about identification, I have two valid points possibly even three, if you are a noob and you have no idea what you are doing and you decide to breed, most species within a genus will completely reject a mating, more than not ending in a eaten male. Second even if the male suceeded in copulation, the female might even get fertilized, but also more than likely the chromosome sets are not going to match up and the slings will no develop, and even if they do develop, the inherited sex traits are going to be so different, that they will likely be sterile. so even if they are hybrids the chances of one that gets out, into a population of large pure lineage tarantulas is very, very, very small. Most problems with hybrids are species highly considered for cross breeding who will actually succeed. As far as identification goes, I have ran both spiders, (one because I'm alraedy buying it from him, and the other in an emale with detailed pictures of sizes refrences and angles.)

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So spidersnstuff, you recon there's no Avic hybrids in the hobby? Its a bold statement especially considering we don't know the proper taxonomy of more than 6 Avics.
What are your thoughts on large form and small form A. versicolor?
Are you aware of the various Poecilotheria hybrids or even the Psalmopeous ones?

I'm guessing you've missed plenty of detail in your estimation. You might also want to pay a little attention to your reply as your use of English taints your credibility.

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
I Simply meant in terms of the hybrid the chance of succsefully breeding them without actually wanting to do so in the first place, are incredibly small, maybe I can fish up the entire scientific study on it in which more than 10 pairs of tarantula are specifically chosen for highest success rate, and all fail for one reason or another.
My english for losing credibility? I don't want fame on a sight of information. I just wanted to help out maybe if you can give me some examples of completely unintentional breeding of hybrids and they actually got out into the market then I could reconsider, what I said is not written in stone, it just seems fairly simple to me, doesn't have matching chromosomes, can't make fertile offspring, it's simple science.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey thanks to both of you guys spidersnstuff and Poxicator.No need to get in a debate and putting down each others intelligence.I believe yall both gave me great info.

But on the other hand I am pairing these guys anyways and will not be selling them under any specific species,just doing for the experience probably keep all communal to see what will happen,which i know will be cannibalism.

Even might just give them away to people who helped me along the way in this wonderful hobby:D

Peace....