avicularia-avicularia sling question

bokgrasul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am new to avicularia , and arboreals in general. I just get 4 litle avicularia-avicularia, and from all the questions I have in mind, these are the firsts :
1- are the changing colour after molting? Because when they first arrived , their legs were pink...now they are darker, kind of....
2- if so, it means they are on post-molting, and that could be the reason why they are not eating?
3- 2 of them did't made any web....Only one did web , and another just a little. Why are they not webbing? Because on the first one that did a web , I was able to put a decapitated meal-worms on the web, and now it's gone. I guess she found it and ate it. What about the others? Without no web, the meal-worms remains intact.
:worship:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am new to avicularia , and arboreals in general. I just get 4 litle avicularia-avicularia, and from all the questions I have in mind, these are the firsts :
1- are the changing colour after molting? Because when they first arrived , their legs were pink...now they are darker, kind of....
2- if so, it means they are on post-molting, and that could be the reason why they are not eating?
3- 2 of them did't made any web....Only one did web , and another just a little. Why are they not webbing? Because on the first one that did a web , I was able to put a decapitated meal-worms on the web, and now it's gone. I guess she found it and ate it. What about the others? Without no web, the meal-worms remains intact.
:worship:

1. Avicularia avicularia slings will change colors as they get older, their adult colors are the inverse of their colors while they're babies. Now if they do seem to get a little darker it could be premolt.
2. Yes, if they are darker then before, it could mean a molt is coming. Also, them eating could just be a fast, but more then likely its a premolt sign since they appear to be darker.
3. My female Avic. avic. didn't web for almost 6 months, the only reason she did web was because she laid an eggsac. There is nothing wrong with them not webbing. Just leave em be. Some will web, others will not.

bokgrasul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are 3,5 cm length (from leg to leg). And they didn't ear for 2 weeks.....When I should start to worry?
And tell me how you feed yours?? I am new to arboreals....It seems that throwing the worm on the floor, just like I do with others species, won't work :wall:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Worms don't really work for arboreals, you will need to use roaches, fruit flys, or crickets. You don't need to start worry about them not eating unless their abdomens look really thin. Should not be 2 times smaller then their carapace.