Avicularia. Avicularia, & Nhandu. Chromatus sling

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I'm fostering this Beardie for our Rescue. He was severely neglected by his old owner & is deformed all over. He eats ok sometimes, but we fear hes nearing his end. He'll get 1 last visit with the vet & we hope its not gonna be his end. But we were told that he had very little chance of survival at first, but it was ok, to try.. I do think we lost the battle with him.. which is too bad, he was a nice Beardie too, well nice to me, he seems to hate men & will snap at them.

Well I found the bag...
SoftBed
Made from all natural Organic Coconut Husks

Well what do you know, I'm using coconut husks LOL It looks like bark/dirt to me :p
{D Eco earth is what i use. The eco earth stuff in a bag is really fine and good for reptiles but not so much for making burrows. I use eco earth bricks. it has long strands that hold burrows well. Just like what you got ;)

kingrattus

Arachnoknight
{D Eco earth is what i use. The eco earth stuff in a bag is really fine and good for reptiles but not so much for making burrows. I use eco earth bricks. it has long strands that hold burrows well. Just like what you got ;)
My Cyriocosmus Perezmilesi sling just loves the stuff! I put a pile on top of the soil & it just loves to dive right in & make a spiffy tunnel with lots of web.

the entrance is almost in the middle of the image. Its currently sitting just inside the entrance & I can see its cute little legs :cool:
So far its only interested in dead crickets. I've been having a hard time getting pin heads & when I finally got some it refused to go near it & webbed a door.. So I killed the cricket (I crush their heads).. it came out & ate right away.... picky little bugger.. but it eats very well.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Yeah it does very good for burrows of all sizes. Even my 1/8th" elegans made burrows. Strong little guys. Odd your T doesnt take live food. Maybe it needs time to stalk its prey? :?

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why would you want to take the energy to kill something when giant tweezers do it for you? :p

kingrattus

Arachnoknight
Yeah it does very good for burrows of all sizes. Even my 1/8th" elegans made burrows. Strong little guys. Odd your T doesnt take live food. Maybe it needs time to stalk its prey? :?
I assume because its just so tiny its scared of the crickets, even if I rip off the rear legs & mangle the others so it can't walk.. it still wont go near it.. I've left mangled crickets in there for about 24hrs.. but as soon as I kill it, I usually find it attached to the crickets crushed head :?

Why would you want to take the energy to kill something when giant tweezers do it for you? :p
If it was a dog, cat or a fish, sure... But I don't think a T has that kind of brain function. I could be wrong, but I really don't