Avicularia avicularia molted and regrew a leg. Leg lookd wonky

LadyShanna92

Arachnopeon
20211021_103905.jpg So my Avicularia avicularia molted maybe 13-14 hours ago. She mokt at about 9:30-10 pm last might (it's 10:45 am the next morning) She regrew a leg but it looks wonky af atm. Is it just because it hasn't hardened yet or is that one leg deformed? If it's deformed I know she'll likely rip it off herself so I'm not worried about it.

zoroastrianpulchripes

Arachnosquire
View attachment 402147 So my Avicularia avicularia molted maybe 13-14 hours ago. She mokt at about 9:30-10 pm last might (it's 10:45 am the next morning) She regrew a leg but it looks wonky af atm. Is it just because it hasn't hardened yet or is that one leg deformed? If it's deformed I know she'll likely rip it off herself so I'm not worried about it.
its fine, recently regrown legs are almost always weird. after another 1 to 3 molts it should be practically the same
no need to worry! :)

LadyShanna92

Arachnopeon
its fine, recently regrown legs are almost always weird. after another 1 to 3 molts it should be practically the same
no need to worry! :)
Thank you!! Sorry this is my first tarantula so I was really worried about it. She lost a leg cause she got out of her cage and ran around the pet shop a few days before I bought her. Was hilarious to hear

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Lol.
I had an avic molt this morning that was missing a leg. The new ones are small and pale. If it straightens out, it will perform and be a regular leg in another molt.
20211021_070041~3.jpg

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Remember, that new leg had to grow inside a space that was not leg shaped. It should return to normal but if not, your spider can try again.

wonderful

Arachnosquire
Makes me think of human legs when the cast comes off after the leg was broken. All pale, hairy, shriveled and stinky. 🤣

LadyShanna92

Arachnopeon
Lol that's funny. I've never broken a bone thank goodness. Hopefully she hardens soon because I want to confirm the sex of her. I can't see her fangs so ots hard to know