Avicularia avicularia mating

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I received an ultimate male Avicularia avicularia today {D ... on loan from snipes. I have three females to pair him with one is 5.5 inches and the other two are 4 inches...

First pairing was a success... I witnessed several insertions. I was actually trying to pair him with my largest female first but when he signaled to her she was unresponsive so after waiting for awhile I scooped him out and set him onto one of the smaller females enclosure and he signaled again and she just started drumming like crazy... it was so loud it set the other (smaller) female off too. It was awesome. I was working solo tonight so no pics but my wife will be around to photograph the next pairings.

I'm absolutely stoked {D {D {D {D {D

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The male made another sperm web throughout the night... I will be breeding him with another female today. All the drumming last night must have put my male ornata in the mood too because he made a sperm web as well.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Another successful pairing... just paired him up with my largest female. She is 5.5 inches and I've had her since 2007. This male must think he died and went to heaven... I have him surrounded by 3 females he has courted all of them and mated with two.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The male is in the process of making another sperm web... as long as he keeps this up he'll get all the lovin he can handle.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pics

This is the second successful mating with this female... she seems to be the most receptive.

This is Hellynn... number 2 of my 3 females (in order according to age).

I think the blue is from the flash. It doesn't stick out that much in normal lighting. My dad has been photographer for over 30 years... he does amazing macro pics of insects so I plan to have him photograph all my tarantulas. With his permission I will be dedicating a thread to his tarantula photographs.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is the second successful pairing with THIS female.
[YOUTUBE]T2tIoC5zUOU[/YOUTUBE]

The female was very aggressive after this pairing... I think the male would have been a meal if I hadn't intervened.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Nice man! Good luck! Hopefully I have a gravid female as well!

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks bro... good luck to you as well. Hopefully our girls give us lots of babies.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Your A. Avics are beautiful, AWESOME video. Hope to breed my A. Avic one day

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you, they are my little sweethearts. They are very calm during breeding, today was the first time the female showed any aggression towards the male... hopefully that is a sign that she no longer needed him. Good luck with the breeding.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All three females are now refusing the male... my largest female tried to eat him after their most recent pairing, the medium female (which was most receptive) now wants nothing to do with him... and I saw a glow in the smallest female while candle lighting last night. Hopefully all three will drop sacs for me.