Avicularia avicularia Egg sack and Baby Pics!

KelliH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I pulled the sack from the female after 40 days and slit it. Here is what I saw!

Here is another shot:

The babies immediately started crawling out so I went ahead and finished cutting and placed the all in a "hammack style" incubation chamber.

Today when I checked some of the babis had molted and look like baby pinktoes now:

This is my first experience with an egg sack and it is so cool. I have been keeping and breeding reptiles for years but I can't think of anything that compares to this.

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations :)
They are really gorgeous :) Little beautiful sweeties :D :D :D
Great pics, BTW :}

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Congrats and thanks for sharing the pics. How did you construct you "hammock style" incubater?

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
What pretty little babies!=D
Great pix too!
Do you know how many babies you have?
I can't wait to get to that level with T's, I've raised
a lot of other babies, but never T's:)

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Avic babies

Congrats Kelli!

Cute babies! Cool to watch them transform into fuzzy pink legged jewels!

N-Joy
Art
=D =D =D =D

KelliH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks everyone =D

Philith- The "hammock" incubation chamber was easy to make. I used a tall deli cup, filled it about 1/3 full of damp vermiculite, poked a few holes in the middle. I then took a paper towel and pushed it down into the deli cup to make a "hammack" for the babies. I put the babies in and put the lid on. I already have a walk in closet converted into a reptile egg incubator and so I kept the babies in there. I am getting ready to seperate the ones that have molted into their own little container.

Sunnymarcie- It's kinda hard to count them when they are all together like that but there is somewhere around 55 cute little Avics!

Very cool.