Avicularia avicularia Breeding Help

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
Male coming in the mail, but the female after a long time of eating tons, just stopped, I think she just entered premolt "crosses fingers" the owner of the male made it sound like he might be getting near his end, any suggestions. This might be due to a failure of planning, but when I saw that male couldn't resist.

Rich65

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If the male makes it thru shipping. Keep water available and try to feed him. Keeping him hydrated is the best you can do and the female should be ready in about three to four weeks (maybe longer) post molt if she starts feeding well.
Good luck

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's primarily why I let the girls molt, and THEN, chase the boy spiders down. Some MM's are so short lived and others are built like a tank and still going!

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
Just got him today, MAN is he different than the female, he's like an alien, long leggs, super wirey super skinny, well (compared to his legs) Ken did a good job, I don't see how theres anyway he covinced the spider that tube was a good new home, but it seemed just fine. He's so cool looking aw man. so reluctent to get in the cage. As for the female, the last time she molted? maybe early to mid fall? so like 5 months tops

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
And are you sure I shouldn't mate them right away, see if she molts while gravid then wait till she's hardened and try again?

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
And now that I see him he looks much healthier, seems like a 15 dollar male is acutually quite good, just a little skinny is all.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Thats quite a while ago. I would wait and save him until after she molts. You dont want him to get chomped and have her molt out. Just my opinion.

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
Hey thanks a lot, wonder if I should move him from his small cage, its like the width of his entire streched legspan.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Hey thanks a lot, wonder if I should move him from his small cage, its like the width of his entire streched legspan.
Mature males tend to wander alot so a small cage is better for him. Saves him energy. Also feed him very little. He will last longer this way.

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
His cage is small, consists of wet coconut fiber, a small water dish, and I have just offered him two medium-smallish crickets! He's great to look at, right now he's cleaning his legs, all that packaging and shipping must really get to you, he also has a small portion of one of my large 80ish degree heaters, and partial exposure from a full spectrum light, but he can move in and out of the light if he wants. Hope e does good. I know you think I should wait till she molts, but I want to see if I can breed him, if she sheds while gravid. I say oh well, and if he's still alive i can breed them, but I only having experience in the taking care of tarantulas, not breeding them, so if you know this is very wrong to do then please let me know, but I think I will mate them now, I've heard of egsacs droping on the first week.

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
And btw thanks for not bashing out, I know there was some concern for research. I did my research, mostly now its just on the point if she molts or not, just trying to get opinions now. as mentioned this is my first breeding of any kind besides blackwidows.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
They will not drop a sac in a week. It takes at least a month and a half to 4 months. There are breeding reports on this site. Take a look through them.

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
thank you for the correction, I still have my hopes high. I hope this hasn't lowered your opinion of me or anything.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And btw thanks for not bashing out, I know there was some concern for research. I did my research, mostly now its just on the point if she molts or not, just trying to get opinions now. as mentioned this is my first breeding of any kind besides blackwidows.

LOL! After all the do not breed mine until I defiantly know both are the same species on my post Well I done it anyways I did not witness an insertion but kept them together over night and all the next.When I got home form work I separated them

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
The male I just got was drinking from e's dish en then he ate 'is first cricket, I was so proud, a perfect head shot to the cricket, it was still twitching, wonderful male specimen by Ken the Bug Guy, woot go ken.