Aviculara aviculara and versicolor aviculara

Squishthespider

Arachnopeon
I just got a fairly young aviculara aviculara, and heard in some cases this species can be housed in the same enclosure. I was wondering if I could put say a versicolor aviculara, or any type of aviculara for that matter? Will they be fine? Should I even try? Are some variations of the pink toe more compliant than others? Thank you

Squishthespider

Arachnopeon
I just got a fairly young aviculara aviculara, and heard in some cases this species can be housed in the same enclosure. I was wondering if I could put say a versicolor aviculara, or any type of aviculara for that matter? Will they be fine? Should I even try? Are some variations of the pink toe more compliant than others? Thank you
By this is mean housed with an aviculara aviculara.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Nooooo. Even avicularia if the same species will cannabalize, let alone mixing two species together.
On my phone right now or id leave a link, but search Avicularia husbandry in the thread search bar thing, you'll find a thread where viper 69 goes really in-depth on Avic care. Many beginners lose their first avic due to online care sheets
edit: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-husbandry.282549/#post-2461399

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Do not try to house any Avicularia with any other spider. Period. :stop:

Last edited:

user 666

Arachnobaron
Thanks for the heads up! Time to buy 5-10 basketball displays ;) Does it combine with the 40% off coupons, or not?
Huh? You can add the exact same wood and plants to a deli cup. It in no way restricts your creativity.

Deli cups are a person raising slings' best friend.
Do not try to house any Avicularia with any other spider. Period. :stop:
And again NO

Unless you only want one tarantula.
You will end up with one fat spider and another dead. They are cannibalistic.
No.

No.

No.

No.
I think it's still worth a shot. ;-)

Last edited:

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Sadly, I don't think any Avic species are communal. They may "tolerate" each other, but they will not hesitate to murder each other for food. There are a lot better T's for communal, and aivcs are great! Would hate to see any eaten in a communal :) Don't think it's worth losing any Avic, especially versicolor.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
I guess I should have used a smiley face to indicate a joke.
Funny i suppose from certain points of view but theres new readers all the time that simply dont know better. This is the type of question i get asked almost everytime a bump into a nee keeper or a possible new keeper.
Just because we know better is no indicator that we know u know better.

This is the type of post that can be quickly misinterpreted by new ppl too.
Very counterproductive to the goal here IMO

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Nooooo. They really are not communal. One will eat the other, I promise.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
OMG!!!
Really???
Where's that facepalm emoji??

@Squishthespider, you're new, I get that, but communal setups are for the more advanced keeper. Those communals contain only "one species" and still there's cannibalism on occasion. Unless breeding, its best to have one tarantula per enclosure, they'll live longer that way. ;)

Btw, welcome to the forum!