Avics storing their moults

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Anyone else have any stingy versacolors or slings in general that hoard their moults and seem to never wanna get rid of them?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i have a versicolor sling who has hoarded every one of her molts for the last 8 months. visitors look into her cage and ask why theres 5 spiders in there. :rolleyes:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is not endemic to Avics alone, we see this in all Ts pretty much.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I never ask them. I just take them. They probably hate me. They can file a complaint with HR (or TR) if they don't like it.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My GBB just molted and she definitely did not want me to remove her molt! (She's already got a previous one stashed in her web tunnel which I'm letting her keep, but this one was right out in the open.) When I reached for it, she attacked the tongs - and broke off a couple of the legs from the molt. She then ran to the nearest corner and started kicking clouds of hairs. So much for that lovely freshly-molted rump - she's gonna have a bald patch before long!

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
My C. marshalli is a hoarder. I know shes molted atleast once due to how much bigger she got since the last time I saw her outside her burrow. No molt as evidence but I recently lured her out of her burrow to show a friend and my first reaction was "That aint my little spider..." She was 3 inch DLS and now shes pushing 4 inches with some nice horn growth.

My GBB also would molt in his web tunnel and leave the molt there. If I didnt try to retrieve it quick enough he would destroy it to make room for himself in his tunnel.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
Most of my T's will actually carry theirs out of their den and leave them out in the open, haha, the moults get in the way of their decorating :D

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Most of my T's will actually carry theirs out of their den and leave them out in the open, haha, the moults get in the way of their decorating :D
Yeah, unless they're a little packrat like my L. difficilis. She hoards molts and boluses like it's her job... Her approach to cleaning is just burying everything. Reminds me of when I was young and just threw stuff under my bed when I was finished with it. I wish you could teach tarantulas manners... :mad:

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Haha great posts :)
I have never really had a T hoard moults till this little versi sling haha

Last edited:

Bread

Arachnopeon
My avic also stashes moults, but my GBB rips each leg off and scatters them around his hide entrance, like a warning sign :)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Anyone else have any stingy versacolors or slings in general that hoard their moults and seem to never wanna get rid of them?
I have some baboons that never share their molts with me. :(

I know those I.mira have molted and I've only seen on molt since I have had them. The M.balfouri put them where I can see them but not reach them with wrecking a big chunk of webbing. It's not worth it to me for a molt when it's not overly important what they are at this stage.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Yea i will go in an recover them if need be later, for now, they can keep themselves company i suppose lol