Avics a ninja

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I have 4 avics at the moment, two 2" versicolor, one 3.5" A. Avic. And one 3" A. Sp guyana.

There all pretty quick I guess, but the guyana...he's in a league of his own, I'm starting to believe the teleporting rumors 0.o

For the third time now during feeding, I have dropped a cricket in his enclosure, turned away for no more than a few seconds, looked back, and the guyana had the cricket happily fanged. Now here's the trick, each time the spider has been in the same location as it was before I put the cricket in. (It hangs out on the top of the enclosure, cricket was placed on the bottom of said 12" high enclosure, each and every time)

So, 3 feedings with this guyana in my care, 3 bizarre feeding experiences. Did I get an Avicularia sp. "mage" instead of a guyana?

magicmed

Arachnobaron
That's what you get for looking away. Your Avic is using "The Force" on you LOL
Oh man you're right, I hadn't even considered if he were trained in the force, he could be a sith lord in disguise 0.0

@cold blood how do you deal with your force adept spiders? Just hope they don't get their legs on a few lightsabers?

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
Oh man you're right, I hadn't even considered if he were trained in the force, he could be a sith lord in disguise 0.0

@cold blood how do you deal with your force adept spiders? Just hope they don't get their legs on a few lightsabers?
The first thing you need to do is take a midichlorian count...anything over 10K and you need to worry, anything over 20 K (like Anniken, aka Darth Vader) and you need to keep the t on permanent lockdown or they can start building death stars.:astonished:

The next thing you need to do, is to get training in the jedi arts.:meh:

These are not the crickets you're looking for.
Ahhh, the old Jedi mind trick...it only works on the weak minded though;)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Start knocking on his enclosure before you open it up.. You don't want to scare him while he is playing with his lightsaber...

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
My big avic is a slow chill girl, my 2" versicolor is pretty slow, but my 3+'' Avicularia urticans falls into the ninja bracket also.