Avic wont web

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've had my A. Metallica for nearly a year now and ever since I was forced to destroy its last web (which was several months ago) it hasn't made a new one. The most it has webbed was a few little thin strands of silk along the side of the tank near some plants. Any suggestions?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've had my A. Metallica for nearly a year now and ever since I was forced to destroy its last web (which was several months ago) it hasn't made a new one. The most it has webbed was a few little thin strands of silk along the side of the tank near some plants. Any suggestions?
Just leave it alone. They only really web when they are either going to drop a sack or molt.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Whenever I rehouse an Avicularia species it usually seems to take months and months before any considerable amount of webbing builds up. Sounds normal to me.

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah nothing out of the ordinary. Mine did the same thing for the longest time. It just relaxed on the size of its enclosure forever. Then overnight there was masses of webbing, just be patient, i'm sure it will happen eventually.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine did the same. No webbing for a month, then webbing all around overnight. They just do what they want.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Some avics take time to accimate. Hope she webs up for you soon!!!

blackrayne

Arachnopeon
mine only webs when s/hes getting ready to molt, then tears up most of it and hangs on the side of his/her kritter keeper lol