Avic Versicolor?

Venom0296

Arachnosquire
Hey Guys!:stop: I believe it's an "Avicularia Versicolor" but still, Can someone kindly give me more light in this specie? It is already 40 days after it molted when I took this pic.
20160717_203511-1.jpg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
It doesn't look like an A. versicolor, or even an arboreal, to me. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I agree it doesn't look like a A.versicolor to me either. Here is what my versi sling looks like.

Sana

Arachnoprince
What's the DLS on that little one? It's always hard to determine species definitively on slings because they go through a number of changes before they start to show the adult coloring that make them obviously one species or another. It could be a lot of thing honestly. Was it bought as A. versi? Or are we dealing with a complete unknown here?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some of us think it's not a versi, 1 person thinks it might be, based on your previous post here http://arachnoboards.com/threads/versicolor-not-webbing.285022/

All things being equal (and that's a lot of assumptions) I've never seen a versi look that color before. Wait till it molts, nothing has changed since your last pic based on the data you have provided.

Last edited:

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I'm going to agree that it is not a versicolor. Every versi I've seen so far has much more blue to it than the grey coloring in yours.

His legs look off too, like they are too fat and missing the cute little plump ends

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm going to agree that it is not a versicolor. Every versi I've seen so far has much more blue to it than the grey coloring in yours.

His legs look off too, like they are too fat and missing the cute little plump ends
In his other pic that is not the case for at least one leg hah. The pictures he provided aren't that good, nor do they provide a good view of the animal. It' hard to get pics of a T at times. Too many people just shoot a pic and expect an ID, which for Ts is ridiculous for many species.

Venom0296

Arachnosquire
I got here its 2 previous molt skins. In this times my "Unknown Avic sp." is still a bit hairy and I have already seen it web very heavily.
20160720_080727-1.jpg
I just wanna know here what happened on it. It never webbed the whole time and It looks very strange.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got here its 2 previous molt skins. In this times my "Unknown Avic sp." is still a bit hairy and I have already seen it web very heavily.
View attachment 216002
I just wanna know here what happened on it. It never webbed the whole time and It looks very strange.
I see nothing abnormal in those 2 pics. Is there something in particular you want us to see?

Venom0296

Arachnosquire
Update for my pretty "Unknown T sp." just molted and got a little more hairy legs.:)
20160723_101956-1.jpg
20160723_145954-1.jpg
Sorry for blurry pic. I'll update you guys after a week. Thanks

Last edited: