Avic Versicolor/Peru Purple/ Hybrid Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I am going to catch a lot of flack for this but i have chosen to breed my Avicularia versicolor 5" F and my Avicularia sp peru purple 5" M to see if I get a sac. :eek: Normally I would have never considered doing this but no one wanted the male and I am not just going to watch him die so my project was born. I will probably repeat this with my A. minatrix as well. I have already paired them together once and the male had two successful inserts. I am going to pair them again in a couple of days and I will post the video on this thread. I will keep all my notes as things progress on this thread as well. I know that this topic is widely debated and I understand both sides of the discussion. Both spiders have so much magnificent color that the offspring should be quite striking..

Last edited:

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im interested in seeing the outcome but please keep the slings to yourself, many of the avics in the hobby are a melting pot of mis ID as it is

CombiChrist

Arachnopeon
Why ?

from a scientific point of view I always like experiments like that, I just hope that íf it leads to offspring, you make sure they don't get bred further...

ExotiPet

Arachnopeon
I am very interested to hear how this turns out... I would like one if they actually survive.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes you are correct the Avic genus is a mess. I understand the worry about "muts" being in the hobby and keeping a Avicularia versicolor a Avicularia versicolor. However; if I actually get a successful sac they will be labeled as a hybrid and sold as such. I will most likely keep most of the slings for study but I may let a few go depending on how many I get from the sac. I don't see the issue just as long as people know what they are buying and know that it is a hybrid.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Honestly, if you give any away or sell any, that is complete irresponsibility on your part. You say you don't want them bred any further, yet what happens when one of the people you sold them to get the idea of

I am not just going to watch him die so my project was born.
And the issue is that you can't keep up with who you sell them to and what they will do with them. They might know it's a hybrid and breed it anyway. They might know it's a hybrid, but not sell it as one. Don't sell any, don't give any away. So if you don't, you won't have to worry about it because one day, whether you like it or not, at least one of them will get in the wrong hands.

So there is no point in the first place. This so called "project" is just an irresponsible person breeding tarantulas, when they shouldn't be.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I completely agree! Note to self... Add Singapore_Blue1 to my list of folks to never do business with.
Dude really get a grip and thats your business :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Honestly, if you give any away or sell any, that is complete irresponsibility on your part. You say you don't want them bred any further, yet what happens when one of the people you sold them to get the idea of

And the issue is that you can't keep up with who you sell them to and what they will do with them. They might know it's a hybrid and breed it anyway. They might know it's a hybrid, but not sell it as one. Don't sell any, don't give any away. So if you don't, you won't have to worry about it because one day, whether you like it or not, at least one of them will get in the wrong hands.

So there is no point in the first place. This so called "project" is just an irresponsible person breeding tarantulas, when they shouldn't be.

First watch who your talking to cause your not talking to a newbie here. Second you have valid points but it is "my" opinion that a study like this could be beneficial. And second if I sell them only to those that I know will not breed or sell them off then there is nothing to worry about. Example....Someone else in the hobby that wants a few to study that is trustworthy...

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First watch who your talking to cause your not talking to a newbie here. Second you have valid points but it is "my" opinion that a study like this could be beneficial. And second if I sell them only to those that I know will not breed or sell them off then there is nothing to worry about.
How will it be beneficial?

Also how can you be sure who you sell them to won't breed or sell them?

P.S. Not trying to start anything, I just don't see a point.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats simple a major dealer that is wanting them strictly for study period...I am not looking to water down the hobby here at the same time I think there could be a lot learned from this..

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First watch who your talking to cause your not talking to a newbie here. Second you have valid points but it is "my" opinion that a study like this could be beneficial. And second if I sell them only to those that I know will not breed or sell them off then there is nothing to worry about.
How is it beneficial? There is no need to cross one with the other. What would we learn? That it can be done? We already know it can.

It seems your only drive is boredom and seeing pretty colours. You could have done that by lightly spray painting the MM once it passed on. Boredom and colour problem solved.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

I think there could be a lot learned from this..
Such as? :wall:

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How is it beneficial? There is no need to cross one with the other. What would we learn? That it can be done? We already know it can.

It seems your only drive is boredom and seeing pretty colours. You could have done that by lightly spray painting the MM once it passed on. Boredom and colour problem solved.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Such as? :wall:

Your quite the smart a** aren't you....If you can't see any other reason for study other than just what colors will come from it then you are obviously ignorant. All I was saying by that comment was the color contrast could be quite striking not that was the reason for my study....:wall:

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay... What can be learned?
Ok lets see.....Life span of a hybrid....If they become more or less tolerant of certain conditions like heat cold, moisture...ect Also the variation in size at an adult stage...Avic versicolor is slightly smaller than Avic. peru purple...about an inch from the info but I can compare to my female when the time comes. There are many different studies that can be done

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok lets see.....Life span of a hybrid....If they become more or less tolerant of certain conditions like heat cold, moisture...ect Also the variation in size at an adult stage...Avic versicolor is slightly smaller than Avic. peru purple...about an inch from the info but I can compare to my female when the time comes. There are many different studies that can be done
Then, why would you sell them if so much research is going on? Surely you will have an aweful lot of studying even with a full sac.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah your correct Anastasia but thats why I have intentions of choosing who I sell them too...:D
you really think that will make much difference?
look, its very Nobel of you to be honest
but its irresponsible that is not very helpful thing to do, even knowing so
here is a possible scenario
You will get lucky in produce bunch of mixed spiderlings
then,
you will give them to the "right" folks you think (many of them)
All people are different, some very responsible and some just dont give a dam
and even sometimes plain simple mistakes happen mislabel, "mystery" spiders, etc, those mut's will be in that category
Am sure water will find cracks to escape trough, its happened before and it will happened again
You cannot vouch for other people in the hobby, folks come and go, all the time
but what we experiment can leave a print in this hobby, sometime not a good one
Anastasia

Status
Not open for further replies.