Avic Ventilation

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Oh wow that’s a big upgrade. And I did just end up putting it in the dram right after I sent my last message. Rehousing was slightly stressful but actually worked well. I used a cup with poking holes and a bobby pin and it pretty much teleported into its new home. You can half see here, not a very big T, just leggy. I think this will work for now, but you’re right it’s pretty small and will have to rehouse soon. Already have some better humidity in there though
Yes it seems like it but they are fast and they grow and you will want the extra room. I got the enclosures I showed you at the container store. They had a strong rubber gasket that I removed.
That’s hilarious. I have also seen a lot of enclosures that look like they have no rhyme or reason as to where the vent holes go. And what you explained/modeled there is pretty much exactly what I did.
Yeah that what I was trying to explain to you thanks to @The Grym Reaper for including a diagram to visually show how it works!!

olivianicole

Arachnopeon
Yes it seems like it but they are fast and they grow and you will want the extra room. I got the enclosures I showed you at the container store. They had a strong rubber gasket that I removed.

Yeah that what I was trying to explain to you thanks to @The Grym Reaper for including a diagram to visually show how it works!!
I see those ones all the time on the container store’s website for food storage and stuff. I think I might try an amac box like what @viper69 showed with his A. huriana, except add more substrate and flip it the other way. Thanks for the suggestions and great ideas. It helps a lot, this is my first fast new world arboreal so I will definitely want to avoid multiple rehouses.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I see those ones all the time on the container store’s website for food storage and stuff. I think I might try an amac box like what @viper69 showed with his A. huriana, except add more substrate and flip it the other way. Thanks for the suggestions and great ideas. It helps a lot, this is my first fast new world arboreal so I will definitely want to avoid multiple rehouses.
Yeah an Amac will work too!! Sometimes I get the largest size amac that has a tall lid and then replace it with a flat lid when I don’t need the extra room. Many ways to make things work!
86C62F22-FD22-4343-A8AB-59AED1E567B3.jpeg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Good! There are some threads floating around here of people who didn't realize this...
Yeah I’ve read those threads lol people are always surprised how strong even little T’s are wish pushing on things!!! It is pretty incredible!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yeah I’ve read those threads lol people are always surprised how strong even little T’s are wish pushing on things!!! It is pretty incredible!
They have nothing but time, and can be incredibly stubborn... As this one shows.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
They have nothing but time, and can be incredibly stubborn... As this one shows.
Love it, “Like please no I don’t want any water....stop!!.....really....NO I DONT WANT IT...” lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah an Amac will work too!! Sometimes I get the largest size amac that has a tall lid and then replace it with a flat lid when I don’t need the extra room. Many ways to make things work!
View attachment 376063
Love the lights- where'd you get them, and what is used to hold them to surface?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Love the lights- where'd you get them, and what is used to hold them to surface?
I got them on Amazon- Govee LED Strip Lights 16.4ft RGB LED lights with Remote Control. They stick on with an adhesive back, but I didn’t use it and just scotch taped them onto the shelves so that if I need to change the height and spacing of the shelves I could take them off easier. I got two of them to do the whole wall shelving unit 4A947703-14C5-4B6F-B8B0-DFD6C2BBE808.jpeg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got them on Amazon- Govee LED Strip Lights 16.4ft RGB LED lights with Remote Control. They stick on with an adhesive back, but I didn’t use it and just scotch taped them onto the shelves so that if I need to change the height and spacing of the shelves I could take them off easier. I got two of them to do the whole wall shelving unit View attachment 376192
Thanks- I never bought LEDs without seeing them in person. Is the dimming at fixed amounts? Or continuously adjustable on that model?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks- I never bought LEDs without seeing them in person. Is the dimming at fixed amounts? Or continuously adjustable on that model?
They are dimmable in fixed amount, there is also a slight problem with them
the signal from my TV remote also affects it and sometimes changing the volume changes the color or mode lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are dimmable in fixed amount, there is also a slight problem with them
the signal from my TV remote also affects it and sometimes changing the volume changes the color or mode lol
HAHAHH that's funny, sorta. So far I've never had a remote interact with another reception.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
HAHAHH that's funny, sorta. So far I've never had a remote interact with another reception.
Ohh I find it really funny, it took us a bit to realize the tv remote was interfering we were cracking up when we realized it. Sometimes it turns the blink and strobe on and gives the T’s a little light show.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ohh I find it really funny, it took us a bit to realize the tv remote was interfering we were cracking up when we realized it. Sometimes it turns the blink and strobe on and gives the T’s a little light show.
Oh it's really funny to me! But if it happened to me, I'd be sending it right back haha

Light show hahahahaahahah

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
But if it happened to me, I'd be sending it right back haha
What’s strange is it didn’t start happening until at least a month or two of having them up.....now I’ve just found I can hit the Up ⬆ button on my tv remote and shut them off when I’m watching a show at night hhahaha I made it work

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What’s strange is it didn’t start happening until at least a month or two of having them up.....now I’ve just found I can hit the Up ⬆ button on my tv remote and shut them off when I’m watching a show at night hhahaha I made it work
Dude this is hiliarous

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Dude this is hiliarous
Yeah I can never find the remote to the lights so I just hit ⬆ and they shut right off and if I do it again they turn right back on hahah two remotes in one, works for me :rofl: