Avic, the correct size of tank?

Vinal

Arachnopeon
hey, im going to get an Avic in next few months, as of yet what Avic, i don't know, but i generally see them quite young/small, i am looking to get a Juvenile but if not, what tank do you suggest, here are the ones i have;

Biggest Tank ( Homes my Rosie ATM)

Medium Size Tank

Put my iPod against it to show ratio of the size

Smallest, i know where to get many sizes of the following one

Also, i hear a lot about peoples Avics dying, with humidity or the lack of it for that matter, also about ventilation etc, could anyone elaborate as much as possible with that please? Ive read through care sheets but they simply say a % of humidity etc, but experiance is always better ^^

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think your big tank is a bit too big for an Avicularia TBH, and there aren't enough "high" features for it to play on. It would do better in that medium one turned upwards.

Vinal

Arachnopeon
I think your big tank is a bit too big for an Avicularia TBH, and there aren't enough "high" features for it to play on. It would do better in that medium one turned upwards.
Ah, yeah i was going to use the medium one, and having it on its side, is good idea =] ty

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
My A. avicularia is in a 2.5 gallon, customized to be an arboreal enclosure (on it's side with a door on the "front." It will stay in that enclosure permanently. Anything more than that is too big, in my opinion.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You might want to modify the "front". When stood on it's side, that mesh screen isn't going to work well. Your soil will spill out & it'll be difficult to get in.

Plexie glass is cheap & you can fashion a bottom & hinged door like a cheaper exo terra tank :)

Vinal

Arachnopeon
You might want to modify the "front". When stood on it's side, that mesh screen isn't going to work well. Your soil will spill out & it'll be difficult to get in.

Plexie glass is cheap & you can fashion a bottom & hinged door like a cheaper exo terra tank :)
Already sorted that hehe, DVD case, cut in half, trimmed to size, the flaps even slot in the side so it doesnt move, all i need now is the decor and my avic ^^

Vinal

Arachnopeon

there you go