Avic sling

grayhound

Arachnosquire
Here are some pictures of an Avic sling that I picked up a couple of months ago. I got it from a LPS that is closed down now. The day I bought it, they had about 20 little avic slings, but they were just labeled Avic. sp. so I really don't know for sure what exact species it is...... can anybody tell with it so young??? I'm guessing its an Avic. Avic. It was only $10, so I snatched one up to see the outcome...... It has molted twice now since I got it. I made this little sling container setup for it about a week ago, and it has eaten one cricket since it moved it. It seems happy.

OlBoyT

Arachnopeon
Yea I hear its hard to tell what sp. they are when there young. Im put my guess on avic avic too cuz of the price and how common they are as well.

Nice viva and your mystery avic!

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
It looks to me like an Avicularia metallica but I am not sure. How big is he/she?

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
As far as species, it's hard to tell sometimes when they are adults much less when they are slings. Very lucky sling, love your enclosure!

grayhound

Arachnosquire
size

It looks to me like an Avicularia metallica but I am not sure. How big is he/she?
I though MAYBE metallica too.....HOPEfully!!

It is 1.5" - 1.75" or so now.... it was less than 1" when I got it.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Yea I hear its hard to tell what sp. they are when there young. Im put my guess on avic avic too cuz of the price and how common they are as well.

Nice viva and your mystery avic!
Thank you!

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

As far as species, it's hard to tell sometimes when they are adults much less when they are slings. Very lucky sling, love your enclosure!
Thank you..... I'm working on some more for my 4 new HMAC slings. They will be ready for this size of enclosure soon!

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
That little enclosure is awesome! No idea what kind of Avic it is but what ever it is I'm sure it's loving the setup.

grayhound

Arachnosquire
thank you

That little enclosure is awesome! No idea what kind of Avic it is but what ever it is I'm sure it's loving the setup.
Thanks again...... I actually make these to order and sell them..... I have made and sold quite a few locally, but not having much luck online. They are really affordable, and really cheap to ship! Let me know if anyone is interested.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Here are some pics of them before occupation...

This one is designed for terrestrial, but I don't have the hasp glued on yet...

Terrestrial and arboreal next to each other.....

When I make these, I custom hand drill the holes because I'm not a fan of screen ventiation.... espicially for slings. It also allows me to custom drill more or less holes for desired humidity levels, cross ventilation, etc.

Danahan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Gorgeous specimen, and whoah I would love to have one of those enclosures!

grayhound

Arachnosquire
no problem

Please send me sizes and prices!
sizes and prices are on the way via PM....

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Gorgeous specimen, and whoah I would love to have one of those enclosures!
Pm me if you would like some prices..... they are VERY affordable, and I can ship them inexpensively too!! I will even ship them internationally if desired!!

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Cute T! Love the cages you make too! Very nice.
Thank you!!

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I've gotten a few inquiries on the "glue" i use, so I thought I would add this post.

I actually should'nt have used the term "glued".... It is actually an acrylic WELD. It is IPS corporation #3 Acrylic Weld - On solvent Cement. It has really strong fumes in its liquid form, but once set, totally safe for all living things with NO odor at all.

This weld on cement actually bonds the acrylic together to make it one solid piece rather than "adhering" the pieces together like glue. It sets and bonds the pieces within 45 seconds, and is fully bonded and odor free within 48 hours.

They look really nice and the slings love em!!