Avic Sling Newbie

Venom0296

Arachnosquire
Hey guys! I bought another 2 Avic Versicolor slings after a death of my 1.5" which I raised from 1cm. I'm now more worried about both of my 1.5cm slings, because they both roams alot inside the enclosure. "Avic A" have already eaten and after it finishes the food it started to roam the place again. "Avic B" refuses food and it looks too weak on the way it walks and it stays on delicup lid upside-down all the time.

20160920_195242.jpg
This is "Avic A". I made their enclosure with the same number of vent holes which I think is just fine or Do it have alot stagnant air? I worry alot about stagnant air because its the cause of death of my 1.5" one. Too much holes is too much air:(

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The tubs seem ok for ventilation. A couple of holes on the top would help a bit more.

How long have you had them? They could just be settling in.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Make sure they have a little water dish.. Most people don't use them for slings that size but it's a good idea..

Venom0296

Arachnosquire
@KezyGLA I just got them yesterday, but since after the rehouse they walks for hours and hours and even at night I still see them walking around it. Is it not tiring for them?

@14pokies Yep I put waterdish for every ts I got. 20160920_212819.jpg This is what I put for my slings, Some plastic I cut from medicine tablets.

Thanks for some response:)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
@KezyGLA I just got them yesterday, but since after the rehouse they walks for hours and hours and even at night I still see them walking around it. Is it not tiring for them?
That is it just being a tarantula then. It can take more than a month for them to settle into a new environment.

Venom0296

Arachnosquire
@KezyGLA I just opened "Avic A's" tub and found some nice webbing, Fast webber is a Healthy Avic! Thanks for some response!

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Can you give us a side view picture?

You might also make sure the Avic can access those fake plants in the center from the outside. Has it ever climbed the plants? This could be done by adding a small piece of cork bark or similar to one side of the enclosure that also touches the plants. Mine have only wandered when they are hungry or searching for where they can make a home.

EDIT* I posted this before I saw your webbing news.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I wouldn't use containers that small for Avics. Too tight and cramped. The smaller the cage, the more likely it is to get too moist. I give all my Avic slings 16 oz deli cups, with an inch of dry substrate, a piece of plastic plant, and the plastic lid from a 16 oz water bottle as a water bowl. That's for slings 1/2" and up, none have ever drown (I've raised up slings of 10 Avic species).

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Considering you live in a very warm and humid area, I'd have more holes in that container.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Uhm...I do hope you clean those pill things out before using them as waterdish. Personally I wouldn't use them as I'd be too worried to expose my T to some chemical residue from the medicine once in there.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Just personal opinions but I'll say they would probably enjoy a larger enclosure, even at that size it's still an arboreal.

Also, I'd be afraid to use those as water dishes, I'm sure you wash them, but that could very well be what killed the first avic, depending on what medicine was in there. I doubt it would take much of leftover of something like Tylenol pm to kill a T.

Just my thought, good luck! :)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Uhm...I do hope you clean those pill things out before using them as waterdish. Personally I wouldn't use them as I'd be too worried to expose my T to some chemical residue from the medicine once in there.
I wouldn't use a package that had medicine in it. I too would worry about dosing my T with medication residue. They use the same packaging here in the US for gum. I would be ok using one of those packages. It's a neat idea for small cups with slings.