Avic sling molt?

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi guys

I've had my avic avic sling for about three weeks now. When i first put her into her new home she seemed very active, she would patrol the tank at least once a day, fed well and webbed small areas of the tank but never stayed in one place for to long. However these last few days i noticed that she hasn't move from a certain spot high in the tank and she as started what looks like her tunnel web, (which is a pain coz its on the ruddy lid!) does this mean she is due to molt or has she just set up home and won't be so active from now on? Its probably to hard to tell, but if anyone has some ideas i would be very greatful. :?

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had my A Amazonica spin her tunnel web near the top, but luckily not on the lid. She was happy in there and I never saw her out of it. Even with feeding cuz I would put the cric in the entrance & he/she would come & get it. I have now transferred to a better home and now he/she is just sitting at the top. I think that his/her web will be spun again on a couple of days though. I think that once they are settled they just stay all snug in their web.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Avics do build and live in tube webs. When they approach a moult they get really wobbly and slow... Just leave her be, offer food, mist etc as normal. But take out anything she doesn't eat.

As slings i kept my versi and a. avic in tall jars. BOTH lived on the lid lol

(Is not rehoused!!)

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have some bark leaned up against the side of my a. avic sling's enclosure. Fortunately, she decided to web between that and the wall, rather than right up at the top.

As for molting, my avic sling has only molted once, but when she did, it was extremely obvious that she was about to molt. She had trouble gripping the walls of the enclosure, then she turned really dark, almost black, and she wouldn't leave her web.

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the help guys...
I guess im just nervous about this first molt (in my care anyway) coz of the horror stories you read about avics being hard to keep alive as slings....btw lovely pics becky! cant wait till my little guy has colour and patterns like that, at the moment my ling has a plain brown'ish body,pink legs and black shoes on! {D