Avic seems to be getting worse

boina

Lady of the mites
Put up a bit more of a description - people don't remember your previous thread. And take a better bic of the abdomen.

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
You need to give more info. And picture of the set up. Info like: how did it begin, how long did it take to get like this, the spots grow fast, behaviour and symptoms, are the spots dry or moist, it's this follow up from previous thread?

AgainstAllGods

Arachnopeon
Had her for around two months maybe less, cannot confirm if she has eaten. She had a white spot everyone said was probably poop or rubbed as bald spot so I sat back waiting for a molt which took forever but on April 4 she molted. Still cannot confirm that she has eaten but I just noticed that the white spot has gotten smaller and not as white it's still there and I've been monitoring her. Just noticed today that she seems to have other sores that were not previously there. She's pretty small and this is as close of a shot and best angle I have as I only have an iPhone camera. This picture was pre molt about 3 weeks ago

Attachments

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
I'm new to tarantulas, but the look of those spots make me think of infection. Have you tried cleaning with something disinfecting, I don't know what would be safe to use on a t? Some one else knows?

boina

Lady of the mites
I'm new to tarantulas, but the look of those spots make me think of infection. Have you tried cleaning with something disinfecting, I don't know what would be safe to use on a t? Some one else knows?
Yes, try cleaning with a disinfectant - the T will die and you are rid of your problem :banghead::banghead:

NO disinfectant is safe around Ts!!!

boina

Lady of the mites
And no, T's don't get "infections" like that - they have an exosceleton and that is usally DRY. ANY infection at all needs moisture.
From the pics you (OP) posted in the other thread (put them up here!!) I'm starting to think it looks like a cyst.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
I have to agree with @boina the pics resemble the start of a cyst. I didn't see your other post(s) regarding this specimen, but by chance in the enclosure, is there anything that it may have "rubbed" up against on the side of the abdomen? The place on the top near the carapace does look like a cyst.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here's another one
It's out of focus too much, but from what I see, it sure resembles what we call a cyst. Tarantulas in captivity at least, seem to develop what appears to be white spots, sometimes it extends beyond the natural curvature of the abdomen, not always.

I don't know if that's what we commonly call a cyst mind you on yours.

I've had a couple of AFs develop them. I always liken it to a weakening of the exoskeleton, but in point of fact I do not if it's truly weaker or just discolored. All I do is feed mine less and hope for the best. If it survives over the course of a couple molts in IME everything goes back to normal.

Again, I don't know what's up or how these develop, nor know if that's what is going on with your T.

@CEC might have an idea, he's owned a lot of Avics as well.

@EulersK has read bits of info about cysts that I have not.

@cold blood may have an idea as well.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It's out of focus, but it looks a lot like a molt injury. I had a spider who had a previous fall injury from another owner. It lived, but when she tried to molt the wound opened up again. White stuff oozed out and dried - it looked almost like old bird feces. She eventually passed, unfortunately.

AgainstAllGods

Arachnopeon
It's out of focus too much, but from what I see, it sure resembles what we call a cyst. Tarantulas in captivity at least, seem to develop what appears to be white spots, sometimes it extends beyond the natural curvature of the abdomen, not always.

I don't know if that's what we commonly call a cyst mind you on yours.

I've had a couple of AFs develop them. I always liken it to a weakening of the exoskeleton, but in point of fact I do not if it's truly weaker or just discolored. All I do is feed mine less and hope for the best. If it survives over the course of a couple molts in IME everything goes back to normal.

Again, I don't know what's up or how these develop, nor know if that's what is going on with your T.

@CEC might have an idea, he's owned a lot of Avics as well.

@EulersK has read bits of info about cysts that I have not.

@cold blood may have an idea as well.
This developed within the two weeks of post molt and I started to notice it coming along almost immediately after the April 4th molt

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This developed within the two weeks of post molt and I started to notice it coming along almost immediately after the April 4th molt
Hard to say. I have a B emilia, all fine, then not long after a molt, poof a spot on the abdomen. I stopped feeding her, she molted, and it's reduced a lot, it will take another molt for it to disappear, maybe 2.

AgainstAllGods

Arachnopeon
Ok i was able to get a little better of a shot with a different camera so I figured I'd throw it out there since I still have no idea what to do IMG_1117.JPG

KaptinKrunch

Arachnopeon
Mold or fungus can present itself as white, or cream colored spots on the abdomen. In fear that it could be mold/fungus I would rehouse the T. It could have been from a ventilation issue. I've never had to deal with this problem though. Just putting my 2 cents out there.

If you google "mold tarantula abdomen" you will see a lot of images, some look similar to yours.

boina

Lady of the mites
Oh please, we had that topic. This is not mold and cannot be mold. If you google that you'll see a lot of pics that aren't mold at all.

KaptinKrunch

Arachnopeon
Oh please, we had that topic. This is not mold and cannot be mold. If you google that you'll see a lot of pics that aren't mold at all.
OP has posted a couple of blurry pictures. I don't think anyone on this forum could diagnose what the problem is without seeing the T. I was merely offering an opinion for the OP to punch into Google.

Relax.